The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone been able to use the standard hood latch with the Tiger Racing Hood ?
I have the hood lined up, and it will grab the first latch, but not lock down.
I have removed the rubber hood adjusters thinking they were the problem. The Hood looks to be lined up properly sided to side, and the front of the hood lines up with the front of the fenders.
The application is 2013 LS
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had mine done by a body shop, not sure what they did but it works. If you haven't already gotten hood pins I would greatly suggest getting some.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
GT390 said:
Has anyone been able to use the standard hood latch with the Tiger Racing Hood ?
I have the hood lined up, and it will grab the first latch, but not lock down.
I have removed the rubber hood adjusters thinking they were the problem. The Hood looks to be lined up properly sided to side, and the front of the hood lines up with the front of the fenders.
The application is 2013 LS
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would try shims under the hood portion of the hood latch. Start with thin shims, like 1/16" or maybe two thin stainless steel washers.

You must always install a set of hood pins when installing a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood. Good luck with your install.
2HP

Working on the shims. Pretty sure that is the issue. I am going to install hood lock pins. The next hurdle will be paint.
The Black 2013 LS is fairly sedate looking. I might keep it that way, and just paint the hood the same color as the car without stripes. If anyone has photo's of a 2013 Black with this hood, I would like to view them. Thanks to the members that took the time to respond.

What pins were you looking at, I would greatly recommend the Aerocatch, they are a pain to install but I think they look much better than the old school latch style.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
LS110:

Beautiful, nice job and I like the matte black center hood stripe. Really nice. Good luck with her at the track.

302 Hi Pro

LS110

I like the flat Black on YOUR car. The 2013 Black LS is really plain looking. We're going to paint it to match the Black body color, and then play around with stripes etc.

I was actually thinking about what you did, but where you have matte black, I would do the same thing in silver. The same color as my spoiler. Wish I knew how to photo shop your car.

For something a bit different here's another option on how to paint the hood. You could easily have a wrap guy make a sticker that would work so you could play around with it without painting.

302Shooddesalvo.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
For something a bit different here's another option on how to paint the hood. You could easily have a wrap guy make a sticker that would work so you could play around with it without painting.

302Shooddesalvo.jpg

The vinyl wrap is a great idea as you can easily change it up. My car is with a detailer right now adding carbon fiber looking vinyl to a several spots, including the vents on the hood. He was replacing some of the clear bra as it was so we got a bit more creative with it, including my entire front bumper in CF vinyl. Saw it partially completed last week and the CF is subtle enough it looks very good.

Memmer, how do you like the extra flush aerocatch. I went with the flush that sit above the hood, and those were a giant pain.

They were a huge pain, I had help doing them but they still took about 5-6 hours to do the two. Its a neat look finished, I would recommend to people to use the standard ones like you have Brandon. The only reason i got those is that they were the only hood pin at the shop other than the old school pins when I did the hood.

Blue Boss RS said:
I have a 2013 with a TR hood. I recommend hood pis just installed mine. Did my stripes differently.

13597323283_3a8802bdc4_b.jpg

11407524355_6c656c6807_b.jpg
That looks amazing. Do you have any more pics? I assume that is flat black paint on the hood, does it look strange since the sticker is reflective and the paint is not? Thanks

The hood was painted a gloss black then a flat black over it so it would shine at certain angles . We also painted the tiny side stripes.

From the top you can't tell straight on. Most people other then a boss owner could never tell. I was going to purchase the vinyl but Ford has an exclusive from 3M.

This is close as it gets.

Here's a few more pics.

11407524125_c1c599150c_b.jpg

11407524265_5e6221a562_b.jpg

11407544484_b939abac83_b.jpg

Blue Boss RS said:
I was going to purchase the vinyl but Ford has an exclusive from 3M.

Not sure I understand this comment. Your saying that 3M will not sell the black reflective vinyl to a sign shop and only to Ford. We have rolls of black reflective at our sign shop dept. at work and its 3M. Wish I could have those guys make me some decals but dont want to get in trouble...LOl

TMO Supporting Vendors