The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302s Lower control arms (Updated Photo's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My set needs to be rebuilt. I pulled the bearings from the arms. Took measurement, found new Spherical Bearing at Summit Racing. Part# FKB-HIN12T Parts should be here tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. If they fit the way I hope. Others with these arm can rebuild them.

Will do !
The Control arm end has a spring clip holding the bearing inside the bearing cup. Remove the spacers in the bearing.
IMG_0315.jpg
With a small Left angle pick, slide it under the end of the spring clip.
IMG_0316.jpg
Pry out the spring clip around the inside of the cup.
IMG_0317.jpg
Remove the spring clip.
IMG_0318_1.jpg
Remove the bearing, you might have to tap it out, It wont take much.
IMG_0319.jpg
To install just slide the new bearing in, Tap the spring clip back in place, making sure the it sits in the grove that locks it in place. Put your spacers back in and there you go. Not to hard just a little time.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Awesome, looks simple!

Are the bearings the same for front and rear? I know there is an offset in the rear position for the arms--is this built into the arm via machining, or are the bearings different?

ArizonaBOSS said:
Awesome, looks simple!

Are the bearings the same for front and rear? I know there is an offset in the rear position for the arms--is this built into the arm via machining, or are the bearings different?

Bearings are all the same, arms are the same front to rear, the offset is in the spacers.
IMG_0320.jpg

The bearings got here today and they were installed. They fit very well. Total time of rebuild about an hour from the time you jack the car up, remove the wheels and the control arms, rebuild the arms and put it all back together and drop it. As long as you order the bearings before hand. I only had to tap one bearing to get it to go in.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel