The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedneck said:
OK i give please post a link to those very nice looking wheels. CCW has so much to choose from on their site.
Here you go.

http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels-display.php?view=C10

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
mwilson7 said:
The Cortex watts link looks EXACTLY like the Griggs part that I have.

Mark
What is your opinion on Watts link? I finally listened to your advice and put coil over JRi shocks and struts on the car and have the full complement of 302S suspension components as well. Does the Watts link really add grip and reduce lap time? My Panhard bar is pretty close to horizonntal and the rear spring rates are 375 now. Would like your opinion on this.
Steve

In theory the Watts link should make an improvement as the panhard bar biases (sp?) the geometry to work better when turning one way vs the other. The real question is are you a good enough of a driver to notice the difference. This isn't a slam on anyone but before you go laying down your hard earned money I'd really think about it. The Boss 302R runs with a panhard bar and can run up front and the Boss 302S ran for 3 years without going to a watts link.

Aftermarket companies selling the parts will tell you that you will notice the difference right away but my experience has been that most people don't notice the difference. That being said someone who is using the car to its fullest will definitely notice a difference. I think it makes it more consistent when turning right or left, that's the biggest difference I've noticed.

My S won't run one for a while if ever.........

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
mwilson7 said:
In theory the Watts link should make an improvement as the panhard bar biases (sp?) the geometry to work better when turning one way vs the other. The real question is are you a good enough of a driver to notice the difference. This isn't a slam on anyone but before you go laying down your hard earned money I'd really think about it. The Boss 302R runs with a panhard bar and can run up front and the Boss 302S ran for 3 years without going to a watts link.

Aftermarket companies selling the parts will tell you that you will notice the difference right away but my experience has been that most people don't notice the difference. That being said someone who is using the car to its fullest will definitely notice a difference. I think it makes it more consistent when turning right or left, that's the biggest difference I've noticed.

My S won't run one for a while if ever.........

Mark
Thanks for your honest assessment. I feel the same way and no I don't think I am good enough to feel that fine a difference. The big swings I have taken at the car such as P springs and Konis, race brake compounds, R compound tires, small rear bar and finally square 305 tire setup have all been noticeable, and quantifiable improvements. I feel that the higher spring rates and improved shock package of the JRi coilover setup I just finished will also be a big step forward. The watts link I feel will be an incremental change like the 302S steering rack and control arms or the one piece driveshaft, nice but not necessarily a big lap time gainer.
Again thanks for the reply and hope to see you at some events in '15.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel