The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Wins GTS Championship (history repeating itself?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 Mustang Boss 302S Wins GTS Championship

Mustang.org
October 23, 2011
Link to full article

attachment.php

The BOSS is Back! Paul Brown Pilots the #50 Mustang Boss 302S to His Fifth Pirelli World Challenge Race Win of 2011 Season, Clinching GTS Championship

Covina, California (21 September 2011) - By winning his fifth race of the season, Tiger Racing’s Paul Brown has secured his first SCCA Pro Racing Pirelli World Challenge GTS Championship title. With one race left on the schedule, Brown has matched Parnelli Jones’ 1970 record setting SCCA Trans-Am Championship season also in a production based Boss 302 and looks to beat it by winning the final race of the year at Road Atlanta. After 40 years, the Mustang Boss 302 is again flexing its muscles and tearing up the tracks in SCCA’s professional road race series.

(Rest of article at link above)

I was there for the final race in Atlanta. What a great time it was! For any of you that can make it to a race next year......DO IT!!! Get a pitpass and go visit the teams. They are extremely accommodating. Be respectful...but you can get right up there and look at the cars, talk to the drivers and teams, and so on. Some of these guys race on a lot lower budget than you would expect. It would not be uncommon for them to need an extra hand or two.....

The types of "GTS" class vehicles running in the Pirelli World Challenge are:

Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang FR500
Ford Mustang GT
Porsche Cayman
Acura TSX
Porsche 911
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi EVO 9

The standings are interesting. Here are the top 10 of 28:

1 Paul Brown, Ford Mustang Boss 302S 1521
2 Eric Foss, Ford Mustang FR500S 1257
3 Peter Cunningham, Acura TSX 1188
4 Ben Crosland(R), Ford Mustang FR500S 1178
5 Nick Esayian, Acura TSX 921
6 Brad Adams(R), Ford Mustang 500S 909
7 Jason von_Kluge(R), Ford Mustang Boss 617
8 Ardee Toppe(R), Chevrolet Camaro 510
9 Alec Udell(R), Ford Mustang Boss 302S 502
10 Richard Golinello(R), Mustang FR500 469

The leader driving the BOSS 302S (Paul Brown) is winning handily. Out of 12 races, he's only not taken first, second or third one time. 7 of the top 10 cars are Ford Mustangs, 3 of which are BOSS 302s.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
Nice but I would have been happier if the Roush car had won the Grand Am GS championship instead of finishing second. I made it to LS for the Grand Am race but missed the WC race at Infineon. I hope to attend both races next year.

Agreed. They had one hell of a season, however. Just bad luck that forced them out. Looking forward to another strong season in 2012.

Roush may have a few more friends on the track in 2012!!! ;) Next year will definitely be another great year for the Boss 302R/S's!

Don't forget that a Boss 302S car also won the NASA AI and ST2 National Championship races as well!

mwilson7 said:
Roush may have a few more friends on the track in 2012!!! ;) Next year will definitely be another great year for the Boss 302R/S's!

Don't forget that a Boss 302S car also won the NASA AI and ST2 National Championship races as well!
Three championships, nice! Also a nice quarterly profit:

"The auto maker earned $1.65 billion or 41 cents a share, compared with $1.69 billion or 43 cents a share a year ago.

Revenue rose 14% in the quarter to $33.1 billion."

5 DOT 0 said:
Three championships, nice! Also a nice quarterly profit:

"The auto maker earned $1.65 billion or 41 cents a share, compared with $1.69 billion or 43 cents a share a year ago.

Revenue rose 14% in the quarter to $33.1 billion."
I'll take some of the credit for that given that I already bought 5 Fords this year!

mwilson7 said:

Mark-

When the schedules are available, let's get them publicized more. I missed a couple of races out west that I would have gone to had I known about them earlier. Keep up the good work man!

Andy

TMO Supporting Vendors