The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss #686

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Alright guys, I've been putting this off too long. But I had a reason. I got married 3 days after I picked up the car and then was on my honeymoon for a week and some change.

I picked the car up Weds July 6th and drove it the 300ish miles back to my house and since then I've put about 100 more miles on it. I can't really say too much about the car yet, except I do like the seats as does my wife.

I remember thinking to myself the 5.0 felt heavy and sluggish even though it had more hp than my old GT. I'm sure part of that was due to the fact I had the Roush suspension. But the Boss feels lighter on its feet than the 5.0 did, doesn't feel as big. Also, I need to remove the exhaust discs because I don't think the car is that loud, but then again my old GT had a full exhaust and the FRHP Hot Rod cam in it.

Anyways, here are the pictures:

i-Cf5Q3Vv-M.jpg

i-vZff5v7-M.jpg

i-n86k8M5-M.jpg

i-RCqNLcG-M.jpg

i-RtsmNNX-M.jpg

i-5gBHqmB-M.jpg

i-kGhBHbW-M.jpg

i-tj5WPFJ-M.jpg

Awesome pics and congrats.

Definitely remove the side exhaust disks. Even if you find that you don't like fully open, it can sound a lot better than the way it comes stock by opening it up more.

ufnavy06

BlueBoss said:
Congrats! Is that the Maggiano's in Chapel Hill, NC? Looks like it.
[/quote

It'd be the one in Jacksonville, Fl. I'm sure there are a few that look alike.

And it's my honor to serve this country and to drive the finest car it has to offer ;).

Nice car..congrats on your marriage..hope the new wifey likes the military lifestyle...and lastly but certainly NOT least..thank you for your service to this fine country of ours...noticed the wings..what do you drive for the USN?
(Borrowed from A Few Good Men)..."I always liked you Navy guys...you always gave us a ride to the fight."
Don (Msgt USMC Ret) I was a winger too.

ufnavy06

ulev1st said:
Nice car..congrats on your marriage..hope the new wifey likes the military lifestyle...and lastly but certainly NOT least..thank you for your service to this fine country of ours...noticed the wings..what do you drive for the USN?
(Borrowed from A Few Good Men)..."I always liked you Navy guys...you always gave us a ride to the fight."

I fly on P-3s. I wish I could say I fly them, but alas I don't. I'm only an NFO.

GA
ufnavy06 said:
ulev1st said:

I fly on P-3s. I wish I could say I fly them, but alas I don't. I'm only an NFO.

Is that like a JAFO? ;)

Hint: You might be a little young to know, so it is a reference from the movie "Blue Thunder".

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel