The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss #850 is home to papa!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been a long day, but #850 made it home safe and sound after a long drive back to MD from Richmond. So a couple first impressions:

If you're one of those still waiting...well, it's worth the wait! You'll be extremely impressed. The car turned heads everywhere I went. I drove through a shopping area on the way home and AT LEAST a dozen people pointed out the car and gave me the thumbs up or a "nice car" comment. Performance-wise? Well, you've done your homework and it lives up to everything you've read. The dealership I purchased it from is not a Ford Racing dealership, but my salesman indicated that he just heard that the TracKey software update is now available (any confirmantions??). I was also planning on removing the exhaust restrictors. Now? I'm not so sure. That thing growls as good as anything out there. I'll probably at least try it, but I'm almost wondering if it would be TOO LOUD (is there such a thing??). Finally, the 200+ mile drive home was comfortable (in my Recaros) and ran very smooth. I'm a happy camper!!!

Note: Could not upload pics due to forum upload full error

ryeman0127 said:
If you're one of those still waiting...well, it's worth the wait! You'll be extremely impressed.
Yeah I've heard that before. ;)

Congratulations on your new Boss. You'll need to use a photo hosting website like photobucket to upload your photos and then link to them.

Rymeman0127,

Just saw the pics. Looks awesome! As far as the discs go: take them out, take them out, take them out!! Did I mention take them out? I've had mine out for a week and it sounds great! She gets loud around 4k and when you let off the accelerator, you get a little "Jake brake", but not bad. I have a set of discs drilled out to 1 inch coming from 2012Boss to see if it reduces the Jake brake. I'll post a video after I get them in (couple of days). I think i'll wind up with Borla or Roush axle-backs. I'm working on an unfunded request for this year's budget from the real boss. ;)

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
BOSS #838 HEAR,SOUNDS BETTER WITHOUT PLATES IN MY GIRLFRIEND GETS VERY EXCITED WHEN I STAND ON IT AT 7,500RPM. OURS MUST HAVE WENT DOWN THE LINE IN THE SAME SEQUENCE OF #S,BOUGHT JUNE 26TH IN FLORIDA YB CAR. GARY PS HAVE FUN THIS IS MY 2ND NEW BOSS IN 42 YEARS HAD THE 49 BOSS 429 BUILT.

TMO Supporting Vendors