The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 909 @ MMP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Fellow BOSS Owners.

Just got back from Ford GT Forum Rally VI in Salt Lake City and at Miller Motorsports Park.

Many guys brought there BOSS, me included.

We had two full days at the track after attending a short 45 minute driver instruction class. We where all divided into four driver groups depending on experience and ability. If you bought a BOSS already I strongly urge you to bite the bullet and go to 'Track Attack', I guarantee you will be very glad you did.

Miller has 23 curves and turns from slight to so tight you practically come around to shake your own hand and the BOSS takes them with such precision and grip it makes you feel like 10 times the better driver you are. Once I had several laps to get an idea how the BOSS would react and get a feel for the track, I gave several GT's a run for there money and fended them off in the tight curves real well. Once on the straight they would only catch me toward turn one and by then the GT starts to really pick up speed and I would slowing to make the turn. This is to say I was running in the Novice Class, but I was still holding my own in my class.

The BOSS is an awesome track weapon with much potential, kudos to FORD for really building the BOSS into one of the best Mustangs ever. Many of the GT forum members are already doing research and working on performance mod's and improvements and I will keep you guys in the loop as they come along. I bet by the time our Rally comes around again everybody will also have a BOSS. ;D

Some of the cars where running on the hot side, so as a suggestion of Ford factory test drivers at the track, some cars had there grills removed which brought the temps down.

Here are a few pics from our event and Miller,

DSC01488.jpg
DSC01489.jpg
DSC01511.jpg

Thanks for the info and photos. It looks great out there. I know many of the group on this forum are either at the TrackAttack this week or have reserved places in the near future. Some (like me) are going to have to wait until 2012, but are really looking forward to the trip. Very interesting also that the Boss can do itself proud with GTs in the mix.

Cool photos! Yes, I am one of those that will have to wait until 2012. Has anyone heard when the 2012 classes will start? I heard that SLC can get snow thru March so I assume it won't be until April or May.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
65venom said:
Cool photos! Yes, I am one of those that will have to wait until 2012. Has anyone heard when the 2012 classes will start? I heard that SLC can get snow thru March so I assume it won't be until April or May.

I hope it's not that late because I deploy in May and then my year will be up.

Guys, get in touch with Brian at MMP to get on the list to be notified when the dates are available. Here's a copy of one of his posts:

Just checking in to see if there are any questions I can assist with on Track Attack. I can be reached most easily on my cell at 801.836.0123 if anything is important, or at [email protected].

TMO Supporting Vendors