The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss - 925 Setrab Build - Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
So with the OEM water/oil cooler in place, is an oil cooler thermostat really doing much to help speed oil warm up times? I'm running the OEM water/oil cooler + the Improved Racing remote filter mount w/ 185* thermostat + a Setrab 948. If getting engine oil temps up quickly with the OEM cooler in place is sufficient then going to a remote mount without the thermostat (http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-c...gine-transmission-oil-filter-mount-p-830.html) would remove a couple oil lines, tidy up the install and probably result in better flow/reduced pressure drop?

That’s my thinking on both counts. I was absolutely prepared to add the T-stat if warm up times took much longer after installing the 925 Setrab. Didn’t notice any problems with longer warm up times even when it’s in the 30s or 40s out.

Hey guys, no real update but I do have all the parts ready to roll. Purchased 06mach mount and a full 948 setup with t stat from a member on here. I also installed my oil temp sensor and ran it last weekend in 60 degree weather. The oil never went above 220 with stock boss cooler and vented hood / condenser removed. That is measured at the pan. So I assume with 80+ I would see 240+. I’ll update when I install the oil cooler!

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Hey guys, no real update but I do have all the parts ready to roll. Purchased 06mach mount and a full 948 setup with t stat from a member on here. I also installed my oil temp sensor and ran it last weekend in 60 degree weather. The oil never went above 220 with stock boss cooler and vented hood / condenser removed. That is measured at the pan. So I assume with 80+ I would see 240+. I’ll update when I install the oil cooler!

Thanks for the update. Which oil plate did you choose?

TMO Supporting Vendors