The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Alcantara Steering wheel Part#

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Guys
Since I have appointed myself the #1 Boss 302 clone whore I have a question on the steering wheel. From what I can see it has the cruise and radio controls but no voice or phone buttons. Will my switches work if transferred for my Sync system? Also Does anyone have the full part # so I can order online?
Thanks
Steve

BossStripes002.jpg

The button is there but no ID on it. If the button is functional, I didn't check that on the one I sat in, and the wiring harnees is the same it should work. You could also use the GT500 wheel which has the same finish on it but in leather and suede (I think). It has the button.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks Rick
I was thinking GT500 wheel which is nice but I really love the full alcantara look and feel. Have one on my 911 GT3 and the mouse fur is really cool. I am so jealous of all you guys getting the real Boss 302s soon just really don't want to ride without the creature comforts. Good Luck to all Boss owners and see you out at the events this summer.
Steve

steveespo said:
Guys
Since I have appointed myself the #1 Boss 302 clone whore I have a question on the steering wheel. From what I can see it has the cruise and radio controls but no voice or phone buttons. Will my switches work if transferred for my Sync system? Also Does anyone have the full part # so I can order online?
Thanks
Steve

BossStripes002.jpg
Looks great!

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Rick
As I said I am the the King of the clones, my license plate on my 2001 GT3 is GT3RSWNB. Have a 2001 996 Carrera 2 that I added a full Porsche GT3RS aerokit including carbon wing, 18" GT3 wheels, GT3 steering wheel and shifter in Alcantara, M30 suspension. Went through the whole car every fluid, spark plugs, rotors and pads etc. Nice car and a funny story is my wife and I went to Montreal last year for the grand prix and when we pulled up to a restaurant in the Old Quarter a waiter almost tripped over the curb rushing out to open her door. I told her " he wouldn't have done that if we were in your Subaru" Definietly gets some attention. I'll try and post a photo or 2 soon.
Can't wait to see everyone's Boss' though, I'm sure everyone is chomping at the bit waiting for trains and haulers etc. To an old Ford guy this really seems more exciting than any of the other tribute Mustangs like the Cobras, Mach 1, Bullit even the GT 500s. Might even be more than the Ford GT release. Ford played this one real well I think.
Thanks again for the kind words on my car.
Steve

Nice. I'm going to add a TruCarbon GT500 rear spoiler to my Boss. I've been out looking at used Porsche's a few times over the past several months and would love to buy a 2007/08 GT3 (non RS). I'm trying to retire at 55 and my nine year old twins wouldn't be happy about not being ride in the car so I'll pass on the Porsche. Other than my moms 1974 Mustang II I've never owned a Mustang but have always wanted one. The Boss 302 should fill my want for both the GT3 and the Mustang at one time.

TMO Supporting Vendors