The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss all cleaned up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Finally used the Porter Cable DA polisher today. Here's everything I used:

Washed using Mr Pink soap from Chemical Guys
Porter Cable DA with XMT swirl remover
A coat of Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
And finally a coat of Chemical guys Black wax

Oh and Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer on the stripes and plastic

Bossdetailed007_zps450372b1.jpg
Bossdetailed006_zpsf53a03a4.jpg
Bossdetailed001_zps1d4d8f2c.jpg

Sweet. What you didn't clay it first? Don't tell Justin... ;)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
NFSBOSS said:
Sweet. What you didn't clay it first? Don't tell Justin... ;)

Actually was going to clay it but ran my hands over the paint and felt no issues. So saved at least an hour out of the 7 hour process ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
Actually was going to clay it but ran my hands over the paint and felt no issues. So saved at least an hour out of the 7 hour process ;D
Did you do the baggie test? put a sandwich bag over your hand and feel your paint then. This will really let you know if you need to clay bar. A much quicker way to clay is I first spray the car down with adams deep wheel cleaner. It eats the iron deposits and when you go to use the clay bar there wont be much to clay.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Justin said:
Did you do the baggie test?

I didn't do that one, but thats good to know for the future. Sadly the boss spends the vast majority of it's time covered in the garage. I only take it out to play on the weekends so it doesn't get exposed to the elements much.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
I didn't do that one, but thats good to know for the future. Sadly the boss spends the vast majority of it's time covered in the garage. I only take it out to play on the weekends so it doesn't get exposed to the elements much.
you would be surprised how much is on a brand new car.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I have clayed twice since purchasing it. I was really surprised the first time how much "stuff" was on it. The last time there was almost nothing which is why I just did the hand check and moved on to the DA and the swirls which were really bad. I need to change to your washing method because even though I got started at 0900 it was already 85 degrees out and swirl removal is sweaty work!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel