The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS and a 1LE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One of my co-workers has a 1LE and is all ate up that it will out run My BOSS , well all I can say is it is a VERY close run as far as 1/4 mile race , when I don't miss 3rd gear , I usually can pull about 1/2 to 3/4 cars lenghths out of the hole and hold that
We have not been on the track (road course ) , but I think it will be close ,

0640d1fa-8a5b-4549-b381-a366808b656e.jpg

I know it is NOT THE GREATEST win , but they do look good sitting next to each other every day at work , they get a lot of attention .

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
BOSS302OHH said:
One of my co-workers has a 1LE and is all ate up that it will out run My BOSS , well all I can say is it is a VERY close run as far as 1/4 mile race , when I don't miss 3rd gear , I usually can pull about 1/2 to 3/4 cars lenghths out of the hole and hold that
We have not been on the track (road course ) , but I think it will be close ,

0640d1fa-8a5b-4549-b381-a366808b656e.jpg
Just curious...
Why isn't the Camaro parked in the "handicapped" stall and the Boss in the "normal" stall...lol

man i hate the stock boss wheels...the car deserves so much more. At least the 1LE got something right lol.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
You should both go to the track warm up in your own cars, switch cars for a session, then finish in your own cars. Would be interesting to see the lap times!

I would think in the 1/4 mile the 1LE has about the same performance as a regular SS? Unless I am mistaken, the engine and drivetrain are the same. Does it weigh significantly less than an SS? I would think the 1LE would be better suited on a road course against the Boss than on a strip...but as stated above, the driver can be a big difference.

Tulsa, OK
Great looking cars 8)

Are you in the OKC area? I believe I met your coworker (Rick?) at a car show in Tulsa last week. We talked about going to Hallett at the end of the month. You should join us!

SUMWHITE1LE said:
Ill take my SLOW, HEAVY, HANDICAPPED with a sunroof 1LE to the drag strip. But then you need to bring yours out to Hallett.
Welcome to BMO. Your car looks fantastic and you need to get that bad boy out in it's natural habitat, a road course. The current generation Camaro's are a rare sighting at a road course, I see more McLaren MP4-12C's on track than I do Camaro's.

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome to BMO. Your car looks fantastic and you need to get that bad boy out in it's natural habitat, a road course. The current generation Camaro's are a rare sighting at a road course, I see more McLaren MP4-12C's on track than I do Camaro's.

Thanks for the Welcome.... I enjoy owning and driving this car. I have taken it out to Hallet Motor Circuit once, and do the monthly Auto X out here. I would like to do more road course racing but I need to invest in some dedicated track tires first.. I cant wait to get (BOSS302OHH) out and have some friendly fast paced competition. The rivalry at work is as you would imagine it... I think it would be unAmerican if him and I didnt talk trash about each others cars..
161ntys.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors