The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss and or Mustang clubs in Cali

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
So I was trying to scope out my next Mustang club for when the family and I get out to Cali. It looks like the closest MCA club at least is in San Jose, which is about 90 mins away from Monterey. Do any of you Cali guys know of other clubs or have any experience with this club? Seems there are a few others in the Bay Area but it's a trek and my club in Charleston when I was living there was a HUGE reason I really got into the car. The ones I've been around here in Jax have been ok, but I was hoping with LS right there, there might be some clubs in the area.

Sean, the two clubs you'll want to join are NorCal Shelby and Team Shelby Pacific Coast Regions which has a very active group in the Bay Area. Andy we'll introduce you to some members I'm sure. The one event I did with Team Shelby last Summer was Snakes at the Lake which is a drive from San Jose to North Lake Tahoe. if you've never been to Lake Tahoe before you'll want to join us. Jim, the organizer, just sold his GT500 and is buying a Boss so maybe BMO will help support the event this year.

http://www.norcal-saac.org/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

ufnavy06

Rick, I'll check both of them out and that drive sounds AMAZING. That's the kind of stuff I want to do with the car. Sounds like the Shelby guys are welcoming of us then, so that's a plus.

The two big events for the late model Shelby/Boss crowd are the Shelby American Bash in Vegas in March, and the "Mini Nat's" at Sears Point in Aug. Then there's the open tracking, the Tahoe cruise, and a couple of cruises to Half Moon Bay between you and SF on the coast. The Nor Cal Shelby Club has events at LS, SP, and Thunderhill. When are you scheduled to arrive in CA?

ufnavy06

The plan is to be there in the middle of March. I was reading about the Vegas run, which sounds fun but it'd be too soon to jump out there into that. Not to mention the wife would kill me, lol. We're actually looking forward to the Tahoe cruise, but that really is dictated by our son and how much stuff we can fit in the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors