The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss arrived but damaged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys my Boss has arrive din the Uk but the shippers tell me there is a hole in the front splitter, now, ive not seen the2013 Boss in the flesh so can you tell me if the splitter is one piece with the fender or a separate piece, im assuming its separate right?

If it is separate how does it attach to the fender as it might look best to remove it till i get a replacement

ian

Bummer. What ever the damage is it can be repaired. The front splitter bolts on and can be easily replaced. So can the lower valance if that's the problem.

Thanks for the info guys, im going to see the car monday, the damaged was caused by driving of the ferry to fast by the ships crew!

Hot damn! A 302 in the UK. I have people taking pictures of my Boss all the time and I live in GA. People in the England are going to think they've seen a UFO.

Maui
The 2012 splitter is attached by a combination of bolts and push pins... Not exactly sure about the 2013. It should be easy to replace though... Are the shippers going to pay for it?

i made sure i had marine insurance and have received the claim form!

the shipper asked if the UK depot has signed for it as damaged!

i can just imagine this is going to get messy

I guess this brings on another question...

Refit the standard one of go for the LS

any idea's, i think fitting the LS splitter means having to add the LS spoiler to balance the airflow/downforce?

Maui
big red one said:
i made sure i had marine insurance and have received the claim form!

the shipper asked if the UK depot has signed for it as damaged!

i can just imagine this is going to get messy

I guess this brings on another question...

Refit the standard one of go for the LS

any idea's, i think fitting the LS splitter means having to add the LS spoiler to balance the airflow/downforce?

Getting the rear LS spoiler to balance out the front would probably make more of a difference if you were driving really fast. But it definitely completes the look of the Boss. I like your argument though, so go for it! I didn't get the LS front splitter b/c i was afraid of scraping it. I've scraped the stock splitter even on some inclines on the streets. I opted for the MRT splitter instead, same length as the stock splitter but looks nicer.

Hi Guys ive been to look at the Boss today, it looks to me like the front splitter has hit a Bolt head that was probably protruding on the ferry off ramp

not nice

P1110804.jpg

P1110802.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors