The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss at dealership for warranty work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just dropped the Boss off for warranty work at the dealer. I hate letting them work on the car...you never know what you'll get back. I have been holding out so long that the list has gotten rather long. I was told it would be a few days LOL. The service manage is an acquaintance, so I made sure to say hello.

Lets just say I'm more than a little nervous.

1. Axle gear whine
2. Hood stripe peeling
3. Lt fender stripe peeling
4. Remote door locks do not work unless your are within 5 feet of the car and you must be standing on the drivers side.
5. Passenger seatbelt swingarm broke/rattles
6. Driver seatbelt swingarm binding

Have them check under the hood for paint bubbling, too. Even if you don't get it fixed now at least it is on the record so you can go right to a body shop. I have been debating that on mine since I do see some bubbles and my 3yr warranty ends in a week or two. But it is snowing out at the moment...waited too long.

HackBoss302 said:
I just dropped the Boss off for warranty work at the dealer. I hate letting them work on the car...you never know what you'll get back. I have been holding out so long that the list has gotten rather long. I was told it would be a few days LOL. The service manage is an acquaintance, so I made sure to say hello.

Lets just say I'm more than a little nervous.

1. Axle gear whine
2. Hood stripe peeling
3. Lt fender stripe peeling
4. Remote door locks do not work unless your are within 5 feet of the car and you must be standing on the drivers side.
5. Passenger seatbelt swingarm broke/rattles
6. Driver seatbelt swingarm binding

Hope they sort it all OK.....and I know what you mean. Have a list of issues I want sorted but putting it off as I'm not too keen on the dealers I have nearby.

Your Boss should be in good hands - make sure you fine tooth before you take it back.
I'm very lucky that my dealership - Freehold Ford is excellent. They know me and only one service tech and 1 body guy is allowed to work on it or drive it in or out of the bay. When i drop off and pickup I also dropped off a box of joe and a dozen from DD on the service desk. A small tasty bribe goes a long way. Thats the Jersey way !

Update: Ford denied my stripe repairs and to make matters worst the dealership somehow managed to put a 12 inch scratch in the hood stripes while supposedly just taking pictures. Of course they are saying that's the way it came in. So I guess the big fight starts on Monday with the Service Manager to make right. They confirmed my axle whine is a valid compliant, but didn't actually open it up to verify what parts require replacement. They now insist that I'll have to wait another month before they can schedule me just see what parts will need replacement. The good news is they fixed the seatbelts and door lock remotes. Fun times!

HackBoss302 said:
Update: Ford denied my stripe repairs and to make matters worst the dealership somehow managed to put a 12 inch scratch in the hood stripes while supposedly just taking pictures. Of course they are saying that's the way it came in. So I guess the big fight starts on Monday with the Service Manager to make right. They confirmed my axle whine is a valid compliant, but didn't actually open it up to verify what parts require replacement. They now insist that I'll have to wait another month before they can schedule me just see what parts will need replacement. The good news is they fixed the seatbelts and door lock remotes. Fun times!

Wow that sucks. Hopefully they own up to the stripe issues. You seem to have the same luck I usually have with other repair places. I also need my seat belt things replaced. I wonder if they will just give you the parts if you ask them. I'm a spaz when it comes to anyone touching my car. My dad was a Ford mechanic most of his life. I've pretty much never taken any car I've owned to any mechanic. So I feel for you with your experience.

Well dig up some photo's and stick to your guns. Clarify that you were well aware of all the flaws on the stripe as you had requested that they look at it and replace it. Good luck.

Chris

Well I contacted Deysha on TMS and call Ford Customer service. I basically got the same response twice. Both put the responsibility on me to prove this was a problem from purchase. I've made to calls to the purchasing dealer with no help so far. Below is FCS response. Not enjoying my Ford right now.

Hello John,

Thank you for reaching out to me. Per your warranty guide included with your vehicle, Ford Motor Company will repair, replace, or adjust those parts that are found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the warranty period. It has determined this is not a manufacturers’ defect, therefore won’t be covered under warranty.

You should try to contact Grand Prairie Ford and see if they can provide you with the claim and approval code from when they submitted it. Then, provide that to Wray Ford so they can appeal this for you. No one can overturn this decision. Let me know if you’re able to get the claim info and Wray Ford appeals it for you. Have a nice day!

Deysha

I know this is kinda obvious now, but I suggest taking several pictures or video of you car before taking to dealers of a mechanic. I've heard several stories about Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, etc..... being driven by employees and mechanics of shops that it worries me to drop my car off. A little mileage on the car is ok, but I've heard stories of 50-100 miles on a car when returned.

Last time I too my car into a shop and left it there, I made a video with my phone of the mileage of my car and me sitting in the car in front of the shop. I also took a video of the body panels. Finally, I made a comment to the service guys that I now where the two, little, tiny scratches are on my car.

I've also made it a habit of cleaning and detailing (to a degree) my cars before dropping off for service. If the car is clean and detailed - they know you care about your car. If you bring in a dirty car - they won't care either.

People/companies are a$$holes these days and everyone covers their butts. You need to always cover yours as well and be prepared to do so.....

I too have a Race Red 2013 Boss that had several Stripe issues.

See thread https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7470.msg110079#msg110079

My dealership did say that Ford denied the claim due to pressure washing. I asked to contact the Ford Service Rep for their Dealership, and they said they would forward the pictures and claim to him directly. After about a month or so, I got a call from the Dealership and said the claim was approved to restripe the whole car. The comment from the Ford Rep was "We need to make this right." When the car was there for the re-stripe, I asked if they could check the balance on the tires, vibration on the steering wheel, and they said they would check and do a balance under warranty if needed. When I picked up my car they told me they scratched one of my rear GT500 wheels and they ordered a new one to repalce it. I would have never seen it until I detailed the car again. The wheel was worth $2,000 and they said I could have the scratched wheel for the $75 core charge, so I bought it.

Needless to say I have a great dealership.

Thanks for the inputs guys. I haven't given up. I've been sick so my progress has slowed. However, I will working on this issue again today. Hopefully I can make some progress today. I'm sure it will take time, but believe Ford will come through in the end. These things are all about being persistent.

TMO Supporting Vendors