The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss balancer vs Gen 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I poked around a little bit and quite a few dealers said the same, no estimated date of re-supply, except for one that said a new batch was going to be available 12/18. I'm interested as well to get my hands on KR3Z-6312-B based on this thread and the information from Roush, so while it seems like a longshot I guess I'll check back in with the dealers on that date.

Anyone have experience with the ATI lightweight? And since we are discussing RPM survivability. Does anyone know if the standard 15 GT piston is up to constant 7500 RPM running?

I switched over to the ATI SuperBalancer on my build as it balanced better on the motor than the Innovators West Balancer. I don't know about it not working, but I am still seeing it being suggested by the best Mod Motor builders so I would imagine that it is worth the effort.

Talked with some Ford Dealers about this balancer and just be aware that the viscous version (JR3Z-6312-A, J for 2018 MY) was only done for a short production run. Either due to cost or some unknown engineering reason, they reverted back to using a legacy elastomer balancer (tuned for the Gen 3 rotating assembly) and if you order KR3Z-6312-B (K for 2019 MY) that is what you will receive. Don't trust the pictures online, as many vendors didn't update the images from the J 2018 version to the K 2019 version when the part number was updated. Even if they list a J, I'd suggest checking with them prior to ordering since the viscous version is very easy to discern visually. Realistically, you'd probably only be able to find it as salvage or take-off from someone who put an aftermarket balancer on.

J - 2018, huge solid cylindrical ring for the viscous component
1658242637337.png
1658243064199.png
K - 2019 and on, replacement part for 2018's - legacy construction
1658242689696.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel