The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS COINS POLL 2 (NEXT STEP)

Do We Produce More BOSS 302 Coins?

• YES! Same Design as First Run Of Coins! (DESIGN1)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • NO! Keep These Limited to What we have done thus far.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • YES! But Lets Do DESIGN 2 This Time!

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Lets Explore our options before we decide (Do NOT produce any more coins yet)

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We are almost out of coins, (even after we receive the replacement coins our remaining inventory is very very small).

So, Do we order more of the same coin?

Or Do we produce the Secondary Design (Design that didn't get chose the first time?)

Or, Do We Not Produce Any More Coins at this time?

DESIGN 2 (Without Cars)

COINSPROOF2.jpg

I have to say, I love my coins, but since you ask, I would REALLY like a coin that has the pic on the left above, accompanied on the flip side with the 2012 front end. Kind of a heads and tails coin, rather than a heads-heads coin. Not to take ANYTHING away from what you put out there, however.

The problem with that is that then you are only catering to the 2012 crowd... and it makes more sense to cater to both 2012 and 2013 in the same design...

rpm3dinc said:
The problem with that is that then you are only catering to the 2012 crowd... and it makes more sense to cater to both 2012 and 2013 in the same design...
No I hear ya, I guess I was hoping you could get enough numbers to make it worthwhile to produce both. I realize it isn't practical.

Have a poll for 2012 owners and 2013 owners. If you get 100 pre orders for each, then each model can have a coin

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
raptor said:
Have a poll for 2012 owners and 2013 owners. If you get 100 pre orders for each, then each model can have a coin

+2

Maybe incorporate the year specific stripe on the front design?

Still in for a Comp Orange/Black design if there are others who are interested!

BOSS343

Theory of 1
I would be SO in for a Competition Orange and Black coin! Or a more year specific coin. Or just the simple Boss 302 on the front with the numbers on the back. Obviously I am up for whatever haha.

Background Colors to match cars cannot be done, Remember these coins are produced in Quantities... So custom Print, Colors per coin would mean a New coin for each color and thus meeting the minimum quantities for each coin color/Print...

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It would be cool if the had some way to attach a chain and hang it from the rear-view mirror. Drilling a hole will only make it hang sideways.

rpm3dinc said:
Background Colors to match cars cannot be done, Remember these coins are produced in Quantities... So custom Print, Colors per coin would mean a New coin for each color and thus meeting the minimum quantities for each coin color/Print...

Can they make some in the batch without paint added? Then if someone wanted, they could fill in the areas with some epoxy paint of their choice.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
rpm3dinc said:

So you wouldn't want to do it even if we got 100 pre-orders for one color combo? Might be able to get those kind of numbers for the popular colors. Heck, I doubt the coin maker would turn down an order for 250 coins in 3 to 5 different color combos.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
An option for those who want a coin in their car color.

Buy the coin, polish off the black with a dremel and polishing compound. Paint the coin with your color of choice. Touch up paint should do the trick.

Thinking about doing this myself.

The problem with Colors especially the ones you are wanting means 100 coins per color...
So Just for 2013 Color you are looking at the following:

Race Red: 100 Coins
Grabber Blue: 100 Coins
GHIG: 100 Coins
SBY: 100 Coins
PW: 100 Coins

So you are looking at roughly $8,250 to get them all done and shipped to me, then I need to package them up and ship all coins out.

For 2012 Colors
Race Red: 100 Coins
Blaze Yellow: 100 Coins
Black: 100 Coins
Silver: 100 Coins
Kona Blue: 100 Coins
Comp Orange: 100 Coins

$10,100 to get them all done and shipped to me, then I need to package them up and ship out.

If you need more than 100 coins per color then you are talking even more than that, because the the quantity breaks are not every 100 coins, they are staggered..

Its certainly doable, but I wouldn't even want to order any coins until we have reached the amount to order ALL COLORS, that way no-one would be left out...

The Question is, does everyone really want to spend $18,350 or more depending on quantities for coin orders? Plus at that point I would need some type of payment just to take care of packing and shipping out over 1,000 coins... Plus shipping supplies...

Anything is doable, all it takes is time and money...

You could get Raw Pressed Coins with no Color or Enamel in them and then you could customize your own, but not sure how hard or easy that is, especially with all the peaks and valleys on the coin design.

Please understand, I will do anything you like on the coins, I am just thinking from a Logistics standpoint and the effort it would take to make sure all colors are represented and coins are shipped out, etc...

That is the main reason I designed the coins the way I did so that both years are represented equally, and everything is uniform...

TMO Supporting Vendors