The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS differences vs. the GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That doesn't look right. Bottom one looks like it could be a Boss. Can't tell from the side. The inner tip is concentric. Don't you have the stock ones?

The top one looks like the FP 'touring' muffler with that rolled lip. Could be one of the stock ones like GT/CS.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Those pictures are reversed.
The lower photo is the Boss muffler, judging only by the tip. BTW--the Boss mufflers are V6 mufflers w/ the added tip (hence "dual tip" comment by Grant earlier).

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks, I am away from my car till Monday... Would the GT muffler be any quieter?? Or are the bodies pretty much the same. One side of mine got the tip badly bent out of shape in my trip to the tire wall, and I was offered a set of GT mufflers for a good price. I am working on a Laguna seca pipe thingy as well to get the sound down to 90db.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The GT muffler will probably be LOUDER. The V6 muffler was used on our cars to keep things NHTSA compliant for noise when the side pipes were included.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
These are the ones I got offered for $100
1356117236.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Those were from a 2012 GT that sold down here. I will take a look at my Boss originals on Monday. Taking a break at the beach since Its spring today down here :cool:Next week I start taking the door and fender off. Trying to make a Oct 14 race

TMO Supporting Vendors