The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Dragster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If it has a back seat I'm getting one. My kids will love it!

OK just for the record this is NOT CaliMR in person, but his better half that is more familiar with the drag cars. He wanted you all to know that he did not go th the "straight-line dark side". Yes that was a quote.

The blue car is a twin turbo. Pro Mod chassis by Jerry Bickel, and custom carbon fiber body (51 pounds) by Mike Moran. Mike sells the bdy for about $16K on his racing engine website. As far as I can remember I have not seen this one in person...he races on the ADRL, which I don't work for. If he has raced at a NHRA event I may have seen the car, just cannot remember.

There are several others out there. First is the red Laguna Seca inspired car of Steve Matusek. Also a twin turbo. I have seen this one up close & personal.

Then the white Boss 302 ispired new car of Mike Janis. He brought this one out this fall on the NHRA circuit after he rolled his old car up in a ball...I think it was at Gainesville. I helped pick up the chunks of that one. The new car recently sold as a rolling chassis/body on racing junk for about $55K.

Thats about all I can tell ya...and hopefully these pics post correctly!

bosspromod4.png

bosspromod3.png

bosspromod2.png

bosspromod.png

CaliMR said:
OK just for the record this is NOT CaliMR in person, but his better half that is more familiar with the drag cars. He wanted you all to know that he did not go th the "straight-line dark side". Yes that was a quote.
So he really has a GG? :eek: JK

Are Joni Elmslie and Teresa Long still at NHRA?

Admin said:
CaliMR said:
So he really has a GG? :eek: JK

Are Joni Elmslie and Teresa Long still at NHRA?

What is a GG??!!! Or dare I ask.

I'm not familiar with Joni, but if you are referring to Teresa who is the photographer for ND, then yes she is very much around.

Do I need to start my own account here since I am stealth posting??!!

I'm sure he will now change his password so I can't get back in, lol.

Anyway....sadly I do not own a Boss....just a 1973 BMW and a silly old Corvair Turbo. So I don't have much to contribute to this forum that would be appreciated.

PeteInCT said:
You did one better - you have access to one and didn't have to buy it !

Very true...I do enjoy driving the Boss....and he even let me track it. I wish I could afford one.

Between the BMW and the Corvair I spend about $12K to purchase (that doesn't include repairs/maintenance or upgrades) so for me the money I have invested & the enjoyment I get in return is quite acceptable. I am hoping at some point I can track my little BMW once it gets a few more safety & engine issues fixed.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel