The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Engine block tag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agree...sounds like a header leak. There was someone on here who had a header blow out on them. Get the car up in the air to do an inspection on the headers before you do anything else.
Also our cars do have 6yr powertrain warranty.

You guys are making it hard on me to not have an excuse to tear apart the motor and turn it into a 5.2L N/A beast haha.

I don't think it is a header leak as it is a very inconsistent tick when first started but as the engine warms up it it gets a bit louder and more pronounced.

Either the dealer was trying to sell me an extended warranty or because it was a pre-production car that was used by Ford the warranty that came with it was very limited. Either way this is an excuse for me to get my hands dirty and do an 80% all out all motor build lol.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Sean said:
You guys are making it hard on me to not have an excuse to tear apart the motor and turn it into a 5.2L N/A beast haha.

I don't think it is a header leak as it is a very inconsistent tick when first started but as the engine warms up it it gets a bit louder and more pronounced.

Either the dealer was trying to sell me an extended warranty or because it was a pre-production car that was used by Ford the warranty that came with it was very limited. Either way this is an excuse for me to get my hands dirty and do an 80% all out all motor build lol.

Sound logical to me!!! ;D

Which way are you going with "The New Mill"?

Looks like 475 at the wheels is very possible. Should be dependable also.

Cobra jet intake and cams, stronger bottom end, long tubes and an understanding wife are all that's needed :eek:

TMSBOSS said:
Sound logical to me!!! ;D

Which way are you going with "The New Mill"?

Looks like 475 at the wheels is very possible. Should be dependable also.

Cobra jet intake and cams, stronger bottom end, long tubes and an understanding wife are all that's needed :eek:

I think so haha.

For me I am shooting for as close to 600HP as possible with a hopeful goal being about 550 which is based on the initial guesstimates of HP from Darren who is using the same cams that I am using but the stock block. I will be using either a Livernois or RGR 5.2 block and going from there. Right now it is a 5.2 block with unknown piston and rod combo with potentially the MMR Road Race cams and upgraded springs (maybe) and hardware for the heads. New VCT actuators, wiring harness, crank shaft position sensor with O-ring, timing components MMR phasers and timing chain guides . TSS Billet oil pump gears ARP hardware, Kooks long tubes, maybe the Canton oil pan, maybe the MMR lower crankshaft gear, maybe a new clutch and flywheel and maybe if the budget allows it Stage 2 RGR heads but I think the Boss heads will do just fine. I am a little bit crazy soooooooooo yeah.

Good thing I am 25 and don't have a wife or a girlfriend because I honestly don't want to think about how much money I am shoving down the drain and then lighting it on fire to do all of this.

TMO Supporting Vendors