The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Exhaust questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

I ordered the Kooks longtubes 1 7/8", boss off-road H pipe and the kooks side pipes (I like them better because they stick out and you can see them).

My question is, Is the cat back over axle pipes on the stock boss welded to the stock H pipe? Such that with my new H pipe I'd have to cut them
off to reuse them? Also, do they have mid-mufflers in them, did I see?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Darren
The over axle pipes are slip joint fitted to the H pipe, no welded joints on the system. The Kooks h pipe will match up with the headers and also with the Ford over axle pipes. The pipes do have resonators, just expansion chambers that reduce the drone in the exhaust note, don't pay to remove them it does nothing for power and you will get a raspy drone in the mid range. I also like the Kooks side pipes. You will pick up good power with that setup.
Steve

Sesshomurai

Thanks Steve. Also since i have the steeda CAI i will get the car dyno tuned after the new exhaust and post the results here.

darreng505 said:
Thanks Steve. Also since i have the steeda CAI i will get the car dyno tuned after the new exhaust and post the results here.
In for the results.

Also nice job on your revolving signature. 8)

Sesshomurai

NFSBOSS said:
darreng505 said:
In for the results.

Also nice job on your revolving signature. 8)

Thanks. I'll try not to post too much so it doesn't get "noisy". lol. If anyone wants me to make them an animated signature with a few pictures, just PM me and I can whip it up in a couple minutes. I can change the interval between images and might delay mine further to avoid webpage busy-ness. So if you want one, tell me the interval too (in milliseconds).

Im excited that you guys are getting Kooks headers. I have been dreaming about them for a while, but am waiting to pull the trigger. So many mods, so little time, and money is always coming and going way too quickly!

ufnavy06 said:
Since my kooks are hopefully going on within the next week or so, I'm in for how this all plays out.

Don't go too loud!! Laguna Seca has a 92 db limit on Open Track days..

Sesshomurai

sadil said:
Im excited that you guys are getting Kooks headers. I have been dreaming about them for a while, but am waiting to pull the trigger. So many mods, so little time, and money is always coming and going way too quickly!

Same here. Stared at them for months but had to upgrade the suspension to keep spec miatas off my ass. Im going to wrap my headers too.

Keavdog said:
How much work is the install? Straight forward or are we uncoupling steering, starters and motor mounts?
You will need to remove the starter & unbolt mounts. Steering shaft not sure on, didn't have to when I did LT's on my 4.6L GT.
Plan on 6hrs of work.

TMO Supporting Vendors