The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss hood stripes straining my eyes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To start with I do have a slight degree of motion sickness.

However I have been noticing something that I am more aware of it now, the 2013 Boss hood stripes are straining my eyes, whenever I lower my head level, just to test this theory, I feel better.
This theory was further confirmed when I drove a black 2012 Boss at Boss track attack last Tuesday. My eyes were very comfortable.

I will getting Tiger racing hood anyway and may be paint it matte black

Any of you guys had the same observation?

No issue here, sorry to hear your situation.
I play a lot of games (no TV watching) and many games can make people feel sick, but the vast majority of people have no issue. I'm assuming this situation is similar.

askjeffro said:
No issue here, sorry to hear your situation.
I play a lot of games (no TV watching) and many games can make people feel sick, but the vast majority of people have no issue. I'm assuming this situation is similar.

Possible

My seat is all the way down from day one, but my torso is tall.
It is a hopeless case lol
When I put a matte black tiger racing hood I will report back

13Boss#3328 said:
My seat is all the way down from day one, but my torso is tall.
It is a hopeless case lol
When I put a matte black tiger racing hood I will report back

13's have REFLECTIVE stripes...

12's do not..

2 SAE HP

If you're getting a Tiger hood and have issues with motion sickness, make sure the shop that does it blocks the hell out of the hood to make it straight, otherwise those small waves in the hood will probably mess with you also.

Brandon302 said:
If you're getting a Tiger hood and have issues with motion sickness, make sure the shop that does it blocks the hell out of the hood to make it straight, otherwise those small waves in the hood will probably mess with you also.

Lol I was thinking about that too.

You I think it is the 95 F hot weather with a full closed helmet on in a fast moving car on a race track, that is what happened

13Boss#3328 said:
Lol I was thinking about that too.

You I think it is the 95 F hot weather with a full closed helmet on in a fast moving car on a race track, that is what happened

That has to be terrible, I would definitely get and open face helmet.

NewBossowner said:
Good observation, the 12's don't have that power robbing reflective stuff, hence the 2 extra HP they make. At the wheels. ;D

Negative. Matte black absorbs heat and thus robs HP. Reflective does just that...and reflects. Thus cooler under the hood and motor and more HP. 2013 Reflective stripes SAE +2HP. 2012 matte black SAE -2HP. 2012 white stripes are exempt. :p

have you considered taking the vinyls on the hood off , or even purchasing a GT hood without vinyls (expensive fix tho since itll require paint)?

TMO Supporting Vendors