The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS in the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just want to say Hi and introduce myself to the community. I took delivery last week and was able to put a few miles on before the rain started and I left for Easter holiday. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with her soon. Been following the break-in guidelines so far so no real WOT runs to redline yet.

I'm used to turbo engines and am really looking forward to the throttle response of the NA engine and gobs of V8 torque. It's going to take a little getting used to holding back a bit at the apex. With the AWD Volvo I can just nail it just before coming out of a turn and let the boost build. The is will be a whole new BEAST.

Some quick observations so far:
- The sound is great and I can't wait to take out the disks
- Ride is very smooth and the car handles bumps better than I thought it would with a live axle
- Handling is great and the car feels very neutral through the turns, although I've only pushed about maybe 7/10s. Tires seem to pick up all road debris
- Clutch take up is nice don’t have to worry about bog (constant Volvo issue)
- Transmission does have some clunking 1-2 and 2-3 but too early for any conclusions yet. Felt very much like the GT 6sp I test drove before getting the Boss
- A bit more space between the rear wheel and fender than I thought there would be (I thought there might be spring spacers left in from shipping). I love the overall packaging though

I can’t wait to sign up for the track attack and meeting some fellow owners.

GA
FirStang said:
Just want to say Hi and introduce myself to the community. I took delivery last week and was able to put a few miles on before the rain started and I left for Easter holiday. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with her soon. Been following the break-in guidelines so far so no real WOT runs to redline yet.

I'm used to turbo engines and am really looking forward to the throttle response of the NA engine and gobs of V8 torque. It's going to take a little getting used to holding back a bit at the apex. With the AWD Volvo I can just nail it just before coming out of a turn and let the boost build. The is will be a whole new BEAST.

Some quick observations so far:
- The sound is great and I can't wait to take out the disks
- Ride is very smooth and the car handles bumps better than I thought it would with a live axle
- Handling is great and the car feels very neutral through the turns, although I've only pushed about maybe 7/10s. Tires seem to pick up all road debris
- Clutch take up is nice don’t have to worry about bog (constant Volvo issue)
- Transmission does have some clunking 1-2 and 2-3 but too early for any conclusions yet. Felt very much like the GT 6sp I test drove before getting the Boss
- A bit more space between the rear wheel and fender than I thought there would be (I thought there might be spring spacers left in from shipping). I love the overall packaging though

I can’t wait to sign up for the track attack and meeting some fellow owners.

Congrats and welcome. AWD is cheating- now you have to watch that rear end. ;)

My 2008 Bullitt does that clunking too. I think it may have to do with the two-piece drive shaft. The driveline clunk at low RPM between 1-2 and 2-3 seems to be a Mustang thing (especially with a HP clutch). Just let clutch out a little more slowly when the RPMs are low- it just takes some getting used to.

Welcome to the site! Good observations. I noticed many of the same things initially and was pleasantly surprised :D Hopefully you aren't having issues with the trans after it warms up.

TMO Supporting Vendors