The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

boss in the shop the front drivers side wheel locking? maybe ABS? or tc? HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

About two months ago I had a weird expeirence I pulled out of a parking lot taking a left turn and the front drivers side tire started to shutter about three times, It was wet out so I figured traction control whatever. Yesterday I pulled out of a parking lot left turn well it did it again except it kept doing it felt really weird for about a half mile I pushed the clutch in at one time and it was slowing down as if the front brakes were on? If I jerked the steering wheel it would shutter the drivers front wheel as if it was traction control I pulled over waited about 20 min turned off the traction control and drove it to the dealer with no problems nice except I am praying it does it for them? If not then next time it does that I am hammering down until something breaks ;D. Anyone had this problem?

Re: boss in the shop the front drivers side wheel locking? maybe traction control?

Haven't heard of that, but perhaps it would be more accurately described as an Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) failure since the front wheels provide no traction and aren't controlled by the traction control system. I'm not sure if Advanced Trak controls individual brakes but if it does that may also be an issue.

Of course could be as simple as a hung up caliper ;)

Re: boss in the shop the front drivers side wheel locking? maybe traction control?

Not a hung up caliper I could tell something was making it do this. shuttering like the brake was being put on and off maybe abs? It felt like if I were to hit the brakes that front wheel was going to come off very weird I hope it does it for them. Do these have ceramic pads?

Did you check the lugs are tight? Not trying to be a dick, but my bro's truck had a shutter similar to what you seem to be describing, only turning one direction, and it turned out his lugs were loose when I pulled the hubcap. Tried to tighten them and 3/5 snapped. Always check the simple things first.

Very good advice Calimr, as these lugs do have a tendency to loosen up. And what he is describing sounds like loose lug nuts.

Yeah lugs are fine it does not do this all the time only happened a while back one time then now but I waited about 20 min turned off the traction control and drove it to my dealer about 40 miles away and it was fine. really a bad feeling this is intermitten and I already know how that one goes.

Jeep, I feel your frustration! It is not good when you can't duplicate the problem you're having when you bring it to the dealer. I hope they can find the trouble sooner than later.

302BOB said:
Jeep, I feel your frustration! It is not good when you can't duplicate the problem you're having when you bring it to the dealer. I hope they can find the trouble sooner than later.

Yeah ive already decided if they cant find the problem then the next time it happens it will be broken for sure. I just hope the thing does not decide to lockup doing 75 on the interstate, nice.

SouthJerseyBoss said:
Haven't heard of that, but perhaps it would be more accurately described as an Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) failure since the front wheels provide no traction and aren't controlled by the traction control system. I'm not sure if Advanced Trak controls individual brakes but if it does that may also be an issue.

Of course could be as simple as a hung up caliper ;)
I believe the front is controlled by the traction control there is a sensor and the dealer told me it was so I do believe it is a tc problem. this thing applied the front brake to the drivers side front wheel by itself and hard. Hard enough that I thought the wheel was comming off. They did confirm everything is tight. But the problem has not happened to them yet.

Well the car did not do it for the dealer so I get my car back with the thought of when is the front tire going to lockup? Great huh I cant blame the dealer but wish they could atleast take off the traction contol so I can feel safe. Guess Ill just bring it back if it does this again.

GA
jeepinocala said:
Well the car did not do it for the dealer so I get my car back with the thought of when is the front tire going to lockup? Great huh I cant blame the dealer but wish they could atleast take off the traction contol so I can feel safe. Guess Ill just bring it back if it does this again.

Those are the worst kind of problems. It never fails that when I bring it to the dealer they can't replicate it. :mad:

Well I have the car back it did not do it for them so the next time it does it I will bring it back again oh well atleast I have my car back damn I hated to let someone else drive it ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors