The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss LS Splitter install Help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I got the extra LS parts this week. The transmission scoop was simple. The brake cooling ducts were a pain in the butt due to the ducting not being big enough to fit over the caliper bracket. I eventually got it, but it took me way longer than it should have. The splitter was easy - until it came to the dang splitter support rods of all things. The attachment threading on the bumper bracket is threaded vertically, but the holes in the plastic part of the bumper are angled. How on earth does the top of the support rod thread into the bumper bracket without removing the bumper or cutting the bumper? Has anyone done the splitter install yet and know what I am talking about? Does anyone have a solution? I don't want to cut the bumper nor do I really want to take it to a dealer when I am at a 98% solution right now.

-Dan

TMO Supporting Vendors