The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss LS splitter removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonna take the front splitter off my LS before I take it in to get all the work done. Looking for advise from anyone thats done. How easy and whats involved?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Should be very easy. Just remove the screws from the underside of each support bracket, then all the screws from the underside of the splitter, and it should come right off.
On the 2013 I think you have to remove the lower grille to gain access to the support rods themselves, but you could also mark where the turnbuckles thread into the "end blocks" and then just unscrew the turnbuckles (rods) themselves.

TMO Supporting Vendors