The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss LS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
You have to drill 4 additional holes for the front studs. The rear studs fit in the stock holes. The OEM spoiler comes with a transparent template that you lay on the trunk lid. Between the 8 studs and the 3M tape you'll lose the trunk lid before the spoiler comes off.

You have to make sure you really want the LS spoiler since it is a commitment. It does make a huge difference on the track. The GT500 spoiler uses the existing holes so you can change it back to stock for resale down the road. I think the GT500 spoiler downforce is something like 2/3 of the LS spoiler downforce.

GA
HackBoss302 said:
Thanks that's what I thought. 8 vs 4 holes. In time I'm most likely addi g the LS spoiler and the WC splitter.

I ran hot and cold on the LS spoiler while I was mulling it over, but now that it is on the car I love it- especially in the flat black.

TMO Supporting Vendors