The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Media Event in February?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did anyone else notice the mention of the media event on February 21-23 for the Boss during the Barrett Jackson Grabber Blue charity auction? Does that mean the magazines will get their first drive of production cars? Hopefully we'll finally get some behind the wheel driving impressions and with any luck some performance estimates. I can't wait. 8)

Also did you see the DVD's they were handing out? I'll be checking ebay for one next week.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
Yeah, caught that. And I hope you're right about getting some performance info. It seems like it's been a while since we heard anything new.

The DVD is just the 1-hour Speed special that's been out for a while, right?

Also heard P. Jones say that that was the only Grabber Blue BOSS we'll see ... until next year. Maybe more confirmation that MY2013 will be Grabber colors?

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
I'm sure it's the Speed Channel special on DVD.

I'm pretty sure what was shown in the special as MY2013 will come to fruition.

I saw a Sterling Gray Boss running around in the special, but that color is being discontinued in MY2012. I wonder if they will bring another dark gray back in MY2013 or maybe that was just a test mule.

we should get a bunch of cool write ups in the mags...

First Drive, Full Test, Rematch with the M3, Boss and LS vs. M3 and M3GTS, Lightning Lap appearance, etc.

5 DOT 0 said:
Confirmation. Check the 10th and 21st. ;D

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Calendar

nice find! It appears there has been one event already "mustang test" and then there will be second three day affair.

With reguards to the media event photo, as a aircraft mechanic I see left to right; a P51 Mustang model "B", a P51 Mustang model "D" ( improved ) and at the exrteam right a ME109. Looks to me like the air war over Europe is about to repeat its self in Monterey with the same outcome. The street Boss appears to be Comp Orange the same as on my order form.. Please 5.O can you send me a contact number by Email as we both live somewhat close and well with in comfortable driving distance of Laguna Seca ..I have Monday, Tuesday off...Take care

saltshaker said:
With reguards to the media event photo, as a aircraft mechanic I see left to right; a P51 Mustang model "B", a P51 Mustang model "D" ( improved ) and at the exrteam right a ME109. Looks to me like the air war over Europe is about to repeat its self in Monterey with the same outcome. The street Boss appears to be Comp Orange the same as on my order form.. Please 5.O can you send me a contact number by Email as we both live somewhat close and well with in comfortable driving distance of Laguna Seca ..I have Monday, Tuesday off...Take care
Hey ss welcome to BMO. I live in Roseville but won't be driving down without an invite. If I lived within an hours drive I might chance it. Where are you at?

I guess I was mistaken as I believed you were in the Bay Area, I live in Santa Cruz and was considering a attempt to attend the Media function. Laguna Seca is a short drive for me. I noted the picture appears to be taken in the Salinas/ Castroville area so this indicates the cars are in this neighborhood. Thanks for posting a reply as I have watched your sight for the last several months and have just now decided to put my 2 cents worth into the conversation..Best Wishes..

TMO Supporting Vendors