The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Mustang Brakes In Stock at KNS Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
KNS Brakes said:
What is your view on the XP-20 back there?

It's not common to have the high rear pad wear at least we have not gotten that feedback before. As noted - we also suggested that high friction rear pads may not heat up enough for some users.

It is a small pad back there. Seems like there should be some caliper upgrade to get more surface area back there.

-Ken

Ken
Here are the results from 3 1/2 hours on track with the XP-20s at Summit Point;
photo42_zpsf177ea0d.jpg
photo38_zps91895252.jpg

As you can see the pads wear unevenly and this has been consistent no matter which compound I've used. The outer pad wears much faster than the inner (piston side). I swapped them out to in to get the most life out of them.
Also cracked the right rear rotor so some cooling solution needs to be found which will hopefully help all areas for durability.
photo112_zps87febabe.jpg
Performance is excellent, I love the feel of the Carbos and the XP 24/20 set is my favorite.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors