The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Mustangs Online T-Shirt Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We are going to create BMO t-shirts to sell and would like to use a photo of a members car in the shirt design. This contest will last two weeks and will close the evening of December 3, 2012. We hope to have the shirts available for purchase by the end of the year.

Please post a link to the favorite photo of your 2012 or 2013 Boss 302 in this thread. Please post only one photo per member. By posting your photo in this thread you agree to allow BOSSMustangsOnline to use your photo for promotion of this forum and all photos posted become property of BossMustangsOnline. Gary and I will review the photos and and select the winning photo to be used to on the t-shirt and possible elsewhere on the forum. Who knows it might even be used at the top of the forum page. Please let us know if you have any questions. We will post in the thread the winner and the winner will be contacted to provide a high resolution file of the photo. Please ask any questions and good luck!

Here's my entry but I can't win :eek::

M4DW9818.jpg

Sesshomurai

The thing about these cars is they're very subjective. Having one person's car on the t-shirt is like making a t-shirt for them.

I've seen some talented artists on here that did some cool retro boss posters. Maybe it could be a general design contest and someone
can do a neat collage of a couple cars or something. I like the way my car looks, so I wouldn't want to buy a t-shirt with someone elses car on it,
unless it was stylized into a BMO logo or something artsy.

darreng505 said:
I've seen some talented artists on here that did some cool retro boss posters. Maybe it could be a general design contest and someone
can do a neat collage of a couple cars or something. I like the way my car looks, so I wouldn't want to buy a t-shirt with someone elses car on it,
unless it was stylized into a BMO logo or something artsy.
That's exactly what we're going to do but the design is going to be based off of a photo. I've already been working with Justin on this. ;)

I got an idea to throw in. What about using both years stripe patterns against each other like the 2012 C-stripe on the left and the 2013 hockey stripe on the right. Then like a BMO logo on the top or bottom. Maybe on the rear a side sileotte of a 2012 and 2013 showing there stripes and there fronts coming together on the rear of the shirt.

I saw a perfect photo on the boss owners facebook group page and I adjusted it to a fit a back idea. Im no artist but something like this on the rear.exampl10.png

This is just a crappy cell picture, but I roll by that spot every weekend so I can bring a camera and try to get something similar if people like it. I'd probably do it from a little lower angle and try to get the sunset on a clearer day if there are any coming lol

bossbeachbig2-1.jpg

killerwill13 said:
I got an idea to throw in. What about using both years stripe patterns against each other like the 2012 C-stripe on the left and the 2013 hockey stripe on the right. Then like a BMO logo on the top or bottom. Maybe on the rear a side sileotte of a 2012 and 2013 showing there stripes and there fronts coming together on the rear of the shirt.

I saw a perfect photo on the boss owners facebook group page and I adjusted it to a fit a back idea. Im no artist but something like this on the rear.exampl10.png
This is an interesting idea.

Looking good so far so keep them coming.

Here is 5 quick Ideas... Obviously we could have both "front" images of the car on the shirt, or have 2 shirts, 1 for 2012 guys and 1 for the 2013 guys...

Shirt1.jpg

Shirt4.jpg

Shirt2.jpg

Shirt5.jpg

Shirt3.jpg

Keep in mind, the more colors you use the more "expensive" the shirt is to produce in most cases... So that is why the second design is 2 color basically... instead of a full color back on the first one.

This picture is awesome, and probably not to hard to recreate (to avoid CR issues) if you have a bit of a fish eye lens. I do, but I don't think I could get my motor that clean.

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/features/awards/1201_2012_all_stars/39356952+w799+h499+cr1+ar0/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-engine.jpg

rpm3dinc, maybe one with a small 12 on the left breast and a large 13 on the back? Kind of like the first one you posted but with something on the front similar to the back but smaller.

2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-engine.jpg

If I were to design a Boss 302 shirt, it would feature this part of the stripe only. The Boss 302 logo would be high on one shoulder and the lower part of the stripe would wrap around the back on the opposite side. The back of the shirt would also have the Boss 302 logo placed high on the same shoulder and wrap around the front to meet the stripe on the front, kind of like the way the logos are mirrored on the fenders. It would be offered in shirt colors as close to OEM colors as possible.

There would be an alternate design where the C-stripe also wraps around front to back with logo on both sides.

For the purposes of this contest, here is a photo of my car cropped to show the preferred design aspect.

BossStripe.png

TMO Supporting Vendors