The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss no more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'm shocked HIDs aren't standard on every new vehicle now. I mean, I know Mustang just got them standard for 2013, but it's the 21st century, people! Of course, this helps keep the MSRP down....

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
ArizonaBOSS said:
I'm shocked HIDs aren't standard on every new vehicle now. I mean, I know Mustang just got them standard for 2013, but it's the 21st century, people! Of course, this helps keep the MSRP down....

Ford is probably waiting for the government to ban the standard auto headlight bulb.

Love the Focus ST!
Good choice :)

But one question: What prompted the move from a Boss to an ST? Was it practicality?

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
boro92 said:
Love the Focus ST!
Good choice :)

But one question: What prompted the move from a Boss to an ST? Was it practicality?
Simple, if you haven't been following me, you don't know the whole story.
I race, road course. Back in July, I decided to take a hiatus from racing. I sold my BMW race car, my motorcycle, my car trailer and traded in my JCW Mini to buy the Boss. I was going to use the Boss as a weekend car with occasional track use to satisfy my itch.
Needless to say, some racing stuff changed, the desire to put the Boss at risk on the track and the overall need for a more practical everyday car made me choose to get another race car. I bought a 1996 Acura GS-R race car and now I need a new DD. Enter the ST.
As much as I wanted to keep the Boss, it just didn't make economical sense.

Brandon302 said:
It's a little disappointing the ST Focus didn't come with Brembo's, odd choice.

I agree but obviously cost was a big factor. people already complain that the car is too expensive. It also leaves room for a top model (Focus RS) which hopefully will come for 15 or 16.

If it does I'm probably going to have to buy it

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel