The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Number, LS #, but what is a "MP" Number?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, I am at a kicken car show this week, called crusin the coast in Biloxi Ms. Actually, it goes on from Gulfport to Ocean Springs MS, about 57 miles. About 10,000 classic cars this week.

So I go to the swap meet today and there is a Ford Racing tent set up. On Display is a Laguna Seca Boss. Cool, lets go check it out I say.

I look under the hood to see what LS # it was, and was surprised to see that instead of a LS #, it was a MP#,
MP0037 to be exact.

What's the scoop if anyone knows?

MP0037.jpg

MP0037-LS.jpg

Rich

Ah Ha!

Found it. Manufacturers Prototype...... MP

Here's a thread on them:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/boss-action-around-dfw-area-today-495103/

Rich

So will mp cars ever make it to the market or will they be destroyed after ford uses them? Anyone know??

A friend who is an engineer at Ford told me that they usually destory all but a couple for museum pieces or for mule testing.

But who knows since the MP's could fetch a nice penny down the road Ford may decide to let the executives keep them.

98RedGT

2012 #552
At the Ford Mustang National in Tulsa OK this summer Ford had a Blk/Red LS, a YB and RR w/ black on display and all had the MP plates. Talking to the guys that haul them around for Ford they said all get destroyed (most likely) when promo is done because there are a lot of prototype parts in them as well. Ford is not going to take a chance on million dollar lawsuit for something that cost them maybe 20-30 thousand to make. It's sad to think those cars will get destroyed, I would be willing to take it and sign a waiver that it will sit in the garage just to have an extra one :)

So, I am at a kicken car show this week, called crusin the coast in Biloxi Ms. Actually, it goes on from Gulfport to Ocean Springs MS, about 57 miles. About 10,000 classic cars this week.

So I go to the swap meet today and there is a Ford Racing tent set up. On Display is a Laguna Seca Boss. Cool, lets go check it out I say.

I look under the hood to see what LS # it was, and was surprised to see that instead of a LS #, it was a MP#,
MP0037 to be exact.

What's the scoop if anyone knows?

MP0037.jpg

MP0037-LS.jpg

Rich

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I think the one Jay Leno owns is an MP.

I was told one external clue is the missing part of the hood stripe that continues down to the nose. That little section that surrounds the upper grill has the hood stripe continuation on the LS production models. At least that is what i was told by Ford Performance when I asked.

Ive owned 6 pre production boss 302's.
Two 2013's and four 2012's
One was a Silver 2012 LS MP0037.

I was also told that they did mess around with stripe options on the 2013. The two that ive owned the stripes are just like the factory. I've also seen one white PP with the hood vents painted black as an option that Ford was considering before production.

I currently have one Yellow 2013 PP0014 and one 2012 MP0038 Kona Blue.
I plan to have both cars at the All Ford nationals in Carlisle if it happens this year.

TMO Supporting Vendors