The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Outline Posters "Ship Print, or Print Yourself"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So now that we have the 2012 BOSS and 2013 BOSS Outline Posters designed and almost ready for purchase... A question has arisen...

Would you prefer a "Print" shipped to you?

or

Would you prefer a "Digital File" sent to you so you can get it printed locally where you live?

"Prints" would be roughly $45.00 (including shipping inside the U.S.)

"Digital File" would be $20.00 and a .jpg image in the correct size (24X18) sent to your email. You can then take to any place that can print 24X18 posters and get them printed.

So Which would you prefer?

1. Physical Print ($45.00) ( You will receive a physical 24X18 Poster Print (and a small .jpg for Computer Desktop Usage)

2. Digital File ($20.00) ( You will receive a file that is compatible with printing at a local printer (and small .jpg for Computer Desktop Usage)

Does that make more sense?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rpm3dinc said:
1. Physical Print ($45.00) ( You will receive a physical 24X18 Poster Print (and a small .jpg for Computer Desktop Usage)

2. Digital File ($20.00) ( You will receive a file that is compatible with printing at a local printer (and small .jpg for Computer Desktop Usage)

Does that make more sense?
thats good. so next question is it cheaper to get the jpg and have it printed or just have it arrive and avoid the hassle of getting it printed on good stock and all?

That depends on your local printers, and is hard for me to answer.

Figure shipping is roughly $5-$6

Print costs vary from printer to printer in 24x18 size.

ArizonaGT said:
Physical print is my preference.

Me too.

I think it should include the soft copy if someone buys the print. More $ is likely to be made if everyone who's willing to buy decides to buy a print if it comes with the soft copy. My 2 cents.

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
I would prefer the print. I can not believe people want to consider the cost difference between the two, what a dollar or two....give me a brake.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this for others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yknot said:
I would prefer the print. I can not believe people want to consider the cost difference between the two, what a dollar or two....give me a brake.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this for others.
keep your opinions to yourself please. I am not an expert on getting large things printed out so if the difference was like say 10 or 20 bucks then yes I would go with the print.

Easy guys... Jezz... LOL

So it seems that most would simply like Prints from what I am hearing...

The Cost Difference between a shipped print and you printing it locally varies widely... but usually you are talking a difference of $15-$25. Minus Shipping costs.

I called 3 different places here local to me and printing a 24X18 print was going to cost $25 from one place, $35 from another and $27.50 from the third place.

So not sure how it varies at your local places...

I will leave the "Digital File" option in there, just in case someone works or know a friend at a printer and can get it cheaper than the average joe...

sometimes its nice to have options, and sometimes options just confuse people...

I should have everything up by Friday...

The Digital File is "quicker" to get as I send the file to you once payment is made, and you print at your leisure...

The Physical Print takes 1-2 weeks from time of order to get...

TMO Supporting Vendors