The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Owners Get Together

Will you be attending

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spread the word.

We have probably over 100 BOSS in just the DFW area but I have no way of getting in touch with them. If anyone knows another BOSS owner, please give them my contact info, or if they are OK with it, give me their info and I will contact them.

Robert
[email protected]
972-333-1920

hotrodnut said:
I'd be interested in the Barber get together, it's 5 hours from me.

I'd love to do the Sebring one too, that's close to 10 hrs.

Do they still have the Oveda, FL deal? I know Justin from VMP, he dynoed my Son's '04 GT at the FFW at Orlando back when they had that going on. He's real good and great to know he has a new Boss, he should be able to get a lot from these cars!
I don't think they are doing the "horse power on the farm meet anymore" Too bad it was getting really big. Justin tuned my GT 500 and my V6 supercharged car and did a great job. Super guy. BTW he bought a 2012 Boss a couple weeks ago so I told him I will be anxiously waiting to see what he does with it. His wife's 2011 GT Roush charged is in the high 10's I believe.

Things are starting to pick up.

Here is the latest breakdown that have sent RSVP's back to me.

14 BOSS's confirmed - includes 2 coming from out of town (around 200 miles or more)

3 maybes

1 maybes coming more than 200 miles

Over 35 people

I have more owners that have confirmed but have not sent me an actual RSVP so I am not counting them. Also I am still waiting to here back from 15 other owners.

Spread the word and let's get more BOSS's coming.

Directions

Hwy 183 from Dallas

Exit Murphy Dr/Westpark Way.
Turn left on to Murphy Dr. continue over Hwy 183 and turn left onto eastbound service road.
Turn right on to Dock McGinnis Dr. (immediately after China Dragon)
Enter rear parking lot.

Hwy 183 from Ft. Worth

Exit Central Dr. continue on eastbound service road (approx 1 mile)
Enter rear parking lot.

Hwy 121 from Grapevine

Exit Murphy Dr.
Turn left onto Murphy Dr. and continue over Hwy 121 and Hwy 183 and turn left onto eastbound service road.
Enter rear parking lot.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114172301079306691104/February272012#5714035666625832450

Update:

20 BOSS's confirmed - includes 5 coming from out of town (around 200 miles or more)

3 maybes

Over 40 people

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Looks like I may make it now. I have to get my car dyno'd first, but if they can get it done by 2:00 I'll be there.

looking forward to it.
I'll be solo.

smittytx said:
Looks like I may make it now. I have to get my car dyno'd first, but if they can get it done by 2:00 I'll be there.

looking forward to it.
I'll be solo.

Are you bringing The BOSS? If so, I will try to cone off some spots for your truck and trailer.

MrGT5oh said:
smittytx said:

looking forward to it.
I'll be solo.

Are you bringing The BOSS? If so, I will try to cone off some spots for your truck and trailer.

Yes. That would be great, it takes up a lot of space.

Can you PM me your phone number? If I can't make it I can call you to free up that space.

First off I want to thank everyone for coming out to the First BOSS Mustang Round-Up. It was wonderful seeing all those BOSS’s in one place and meeting everyone. I had a great time!

I want to give a special “Thank You” to those of you who came in from out of the DFW area. I really appreciate you making the trip to join us.

We had a total of 26 BOSS’s show up and over 50 people in attendance. For those of you who stayed we had a BOSS S race car come by. Mark’s BOSS S has to be trailered and yet he was nice enough to bring it to the GTG and offload it and show it to us.

During our meeting we had some discussions of future events. It looks like there is enough support to have another GTG and go to a track day as a group as well as possibly having a regional GTG in San Antonio and Houston. We will continue to look into having an all BOSS track day or teaming with another group like possibly The Shelby club for a private day at the track.

Also at the meeting we handed out some door prizes. Congratulations to those of you who won. Unfortunately I forgot to write down the names of the winners so if you won a prize and want to chime in with your name and prize that would be great.

A special thanks to Travis and Matt of Gear Heads Automotive and Performance in Arlington for donating some t-shirts and a dynamometer session. I would also like to thank Henry Rasmussen of Henry’s T-Shirts for donating the BOSS t-shirts. You can reach Gear Heads Performance at 817-465-4327 and Henry’s T-Shirts at 972-235-1169 or 214-280-9056 (cell). You can also reach Henry via email at [email protected] or [email protected].

My apologizes for not being able to spend more time getting to know each of you, but I hope at future events I can get to know everyone a little better.

I hope that everyone had a good time. I’m looking forward to seeing each of you again in the future.

Robert

TMO Supporting Vendors