The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Owners Get Together

Will you be attending

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Come one, Come all​

The First Official All BOSS Mustang Round-up

Saturday, March 3rd 2012 at 12 noon until 3:00 PM

All model years (Past and Present) are welcome to join up for possibly the largest gathering of BOSS Mustangs in the DFW area.

This will be a family friendly atmosphere, family and friends are welcome to come and enjoy the event.

The Dixie House Café has been gracious enough to host our event and provide us with a private meeting room, as well as an abundance of dedicated parking which will be coned off for our gathering.

The Dixie House Café is located in the Mid-Cities area of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

Dixie House Café
is located at
2051 Airport Freeway Euless, Texas
817-354-5900

Map Link
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dixie+house&ll=32.866323,-96.956406&spn=0.253766,0.503311&hq=dixie+house&hnear=North+Richland+Hills,+Texas&t=m&z=11​

The Dixie House Café has a wide variety of food choices and daily specials at very reasonable prices. You can view their partial menu by visiting their website at http://dixiehousecafe.com/
*20% Gratuity will be added all to parties of 8 or more, if paying separate, 20% will be added to each ticket.

The itinerary is as follows:

11:30 Parking lot and meeting room setup
12:00 Arrival and socializing
12:30 Lunch
2:00 Discussion
* BOSS only Track Day
* Future BOSS GTG
* Road Trip and/or Road Rally
* BOSS Owner Association/Club
* Open Discussion
2:30 Return to parking lot parking for photo op
Times are approximate

BOSS owners and their guest will be gathering in a private meeting room. Due to the limited space all other auto enthusiasts are welcome to enjoy lunch in the main restaurant.

BOSS owners please RSVP no later than Sunday 02/26/12 with the total number of guests, as we want to ensure that we have enough available seating and restaurant staffing to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Send your RSVP to [email protected] and reference your full name and BOSS serial number. If you have an older BOSS please reference your name and model year.

For those of you that will be coming out of town you may wish to consider making overnight accommodations at the one of the following hotels which is within a one mile radius.

Holiday Inn
3005 Airport Freeway
Bedford, TX 76021
817-684-6300

La Quinta Inn & Suites
DFW Airport West
1809 Highway 121
Bedford, TX
817-311-8105

Americas Best Value Inn
2501 West Airport Freeway
Bedford, TX 76021
817-358-4585

Homewood Suites by Hilton
2401 Airport Freeway
Bedford, Texas, 76021
817-283-5006

I will be there! where do we RSVP? I will have 1 or 2 guests will no for sure shortly. Also that same day is cars and coffee. http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/ looks like ill be having a great day on the 3rd!!

reakhavok said:
I will be there! where do we RSVP? I will have 1 or 2 guests will no for sure shortly. Also that same day is cars and coffee. http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/ looks like ill be having a great day on the 3rd!!

You can send me a PM or email to [email protected]

Let me know your name and BOSS serial number as that is how I am tracking everyone unless you have an older BOSS.

Too far for me in Ct also.... I heard Tx might lead the country with Boss allocations with Cali right behind or was that vice versa? In Ct, I guess me & Pete will have our meet at a dunkin donuts somewhere.

ArizonaGT said:
Sorry, not driving to Texas to discuss and take pics; let me know when the track event gets planned.
Now if they get a track day scheduled at Circuit of the Americas I might be tempted to make that drive. 8)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Sorry, not driving to Texas to discuss and take pics; let me know when the track event gets planned.
Now if they get a track day scheduled at Circuit of the Americas I might be tempted to make that drive. 8)

If that were to somehow happen, I would absolutely make the trip. I would even talk a few local 'stang racers into it as well.

CaliMR said:
It is a bit far for me, but if we did regional ones I would probably come.

I agree completely with you, it would be great if we could do it in all regions. But since I live in Texas and there is a large number of owners here, it was best for me to try to put this together here. Hopefully with support from BOSS owners around the country this can grow into something more than just a Texas area event.

CaliMR said:
It is a bit far for me, but if we did regional ones I would probably come.
A few of us met last year at the Grand AM race at Laguna Seca in July. I'll be there again this September for the race and this time I'll have my Boss with me. Last year my car was supposed to be delivered before the race but sat in the infamous Area 51 (ramp 51) for weeks before being shipped. It arrived the day after the race. :(

PeteInCT said:
We need something like this up here in the Northeast.

Well, like I said, if we can get support from other BOSS owners (from other parts of the country) for this one here in Texas I would bet that if there were a GTG in a different region that some of us would be willing to make the trip (including myself).

It has to start somewhere, so let's try to make this one in Texas a big turn out.

We need to have a get together at barbers road course here in Alabama.I have been to the track many times but never drove on it.I think they have a mustang meet there but not sure when.

A few years ago I took my GT 500 to the Horse power on the Horse Farm meet in Ovedo Florida and there were a couple hundred Shelby's and specail interest cars. Several venders including Justin at VMP tuning and his portable Dyno. (BTW he just bought a Boss so I expect him to begin testing and developing some good stuff for our cars) I believe he also went to a Texas meet with his Dyno a year or 2 ago. Any way it's too far for me to drive but you guys are going to have a blast. My advice is don't miss it, it will be a big deal. Enjoy.

jake74 said:
We need to have a get together at barbers road course here in Alabama.I have been to the track many times but never drove on it.I think they have a mustang meet there but not sure when.

If you can make it to the Grand Am race at the end of March contact MWilson7 here. Mark is with Ford Racing and will treat you like a VIP there, something I doubt us lowly run-of-the-mill owners would not get from any other car company.

regalt87 said:
A few years ago I took my GT 500 to the Horse power on the Horse Farm meet in Ovedo Florida

All the FL guys need to make it to Sebring for the Track Guys event. Even if you do not run on course it will be fun. I was there last year and did not run on track.

I'd be interested in the Barber get together, it's 5 hours from me.

I'd love to do the Sebring one too, that's close to 10 hrs.

Do they still have the Oveda, FL deal? I know Justin from VMP, he dynoed my Son's '04 GT at the FFW at Orlando back when they had that going on. He's real good and great to know he has a new Boss, he should be able to get a lot from these cars!

TMO Supporting Vendors