The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Owners Kit - anyone receive one yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I got my Boss the Ford dealership said all Boss owners should receive a "Boss Owners Kit". They were supposed to be "shipped directly to owners by Ford Racing beginning in July". Has anyone received such a kit yet? Anyone know what is in the kit?
Thanks.

I'd forgotten all about this. Anyone? I'm also still waiting on my Art Print, did everyone receive theirs? And don't get me started on Trackey. 10K on my car, all run under the black key. Not happy.

This is the first time I heard of a " Boss owners kit". I know this sounds petty but did anyone get the sun-glass clip that goes on visor in place of that plastic screw? Supposedly it came with the car and I haven't seen one. Maybe that part of the Boss owners kit too. Anyone know whats in it?

racered302 said:
This is the first time I heard of a " Boss owners kit". I know this sounds petty but did anyone get the sun-glass clip that attaches goes on visor in place of that plastic screw? Supposedly it came with the car and I haven't seen one. Maybe that part of the Boss owners kit too. Anyone know whats in it?
Mine had those clips in it. I got two clips, I think one holds sun glasses and the other holds a phone or garage door opener.
They plug into the visors in those lock tabs. I havn't even opened up the bag they came in. I think they were in the glove box
or console when I picked mine up. I also had a bag of License plate mounting screws.

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
When I got my Boss the Ford dealership said all Boss owners should receive a "Boss Owners Kit". They were supposed to be "shipped directly to owners by Ford Racing beginning in July". Has anyone received such a kit yet? Anyone know what is in the kit?
Thanks.

I didn't recieve the owners kit yet either, but the dealer gave me some paperwork that stated they would be mailed direct to owners by Ford Racing.
It didn't say whats in the kit, but I think I've read some place that it contains a small screw driver for adjusting the shocks, and key chain.
I am hoping it also includes the DVD of the Speed Channel special.

My dealer said something about the Kit back before I got the car, but I haven't heard anything in regards to that recently either.

The 2 clips are actually pretty handy. I put mine in. One is a clip for sunglasses, and the other holds a pen and post it notes(or any kind of paper I suppose). I put them in just cause they were there mostly. It comes in handy from time to time.

Boss2X said:
I am hoping it also includes the DVD of the Speed Channel special.
I hope the DVD is included and I bet it is. I won't be using a key chain since my knee hits the key as is.

I think I'm going to give the dealer a call monday, I haven't seen anything but the car cover and lic. plate braket. Thanks guys, I would have never been the wiser if I wouldn't have read it hear.

5 DOT 0 said:
racered302 said:
I think I'm going to give the dealer a call monday, I haven't seen anything but the car cover and lic. plate braket. Thanks guys, I would have never been the wiser if I wouldn't have read it hear.
Don't bother with the dealer, the kits will be mailed from Ford Racing.
I was referring to the sun glass clips for the visor that everyone found in their glove box. I looked under the seats and in all the compartment I could find but no dice.

My dealer apparently put the clips in my console compartment - I got 'em. Haven't opened it up yet tho...

TMO Supporting Vendors