The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss owners kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We lost our 2012 Boss 302 in the floods here in Houston this past Memorial Day.
When settling with the insurance company we bought the car back and sold it locally for the salvage value.
Now we have the owners kit and what to do with it.
Should it go with the car, go to a friend who has a Boss but no owners kit or put it on ebay?
We are split down the middle with half wanting it to go with the car and the other half making one of the other choices.
What would you do?

Sell it on flea-bay. Your friend can buy everything for his car from Ford that will fit his car. Your paper work is for your car. Keep the key chain for memories. Or drop me a PM and I would like to have it so I can put mine back with its kit.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
rtmc67shelby said:
We lost our 2012 Boss 302 in the floods here in Houston this past Memorial Day.
When settling with the insurance company we bought the car back and sold it locally for the salvage value.
Now we have the owners kit and what to do with it.
Should it go with the car, go to a friend who has a Boss but no owners kit or put it on ebay?
We are split down the middle with half wanting it to go with the car and the other half making one of the other choices.
What would you do?

Humm, Sold the Boss for Salvage. To me this should mean that your Salvage Boss no longer needs the Owners Kit as it should be parted out. Hope someone doesn't intend to clean it up ship it out of state and resell it to some unsuspecting person wanting to forefil their dream of owning a Boss 302.

So since the Boss is parted out, give it to your friend or list it on eBay Motors. I know you can order the documents from Ford, but not sure if you can purchase the original owners kit box and packaging.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Boss 302. I would ask you to consider posting your Sold for Salvage Boss 302 as a Salvage Unit, by VIN and Boss 302 Productiin number on the Boss 302 Registry and on the Boss Wrecks thread on the Boss 302 Forum & Club.

http://www.boss302forum.com/forum/187-boss-302-wrecks/

Thank you,
302 HP
Dave

The Boss is not parted out. We paid salvage value and sold it for salvage value because someone in the local Mustang community wanted to try to resuscitate it.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
rtmc67shelby said:
The Boss is not parted out. We paid salvage value and sold it for salvage value because someone in the local Mustang community wanted to try to resuscitate it.

Well perhaps I missed that tid bit. The important thing is: The new owner knows what he purchased, let's hope all future owners with know this as well.

Knowing this, and in consideration of your question as to what to do with the OK, my vote would be to pass it on with the car.

302 Hi Pro
Dave

302 Hi Pro said:
Knowing this, and in consideration of your question as to what to do with the OK, my vote would be to pass it on with the car.

302 Hi Pro
Dave
This is my vote as well. With that said I think too much is made of the kits and mine's been sitting in my closet since I received it. If I trade mine in it will have a note for the new owner on how to contact me. If no contact in 90 days it will be up for sale here on BMO.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I've never even opened mine. I had to call Ford Racing to get them to ship it to me since I was military stationed overseas...apparently cars shipped overseas to foreign buyers don't get the owners kits. When I told them I was in the service they sent it to me and it's still in the box they shipped it in. Maybe one day I'll open it

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The Kit belongs with the car. Makes no matter whether you use it or don't. It's certainly not the end of the world not having it but it's cool if you do and the two should not be separated. JMHO

I made the mistake of keeping mine in the trunk of the car. When the car was vandalized, they stole the key chain, and ripped the carton apart.
The car was totaled by the insurance Company. I did opt to buy it back with salvage title, and sold the car to local Mustang Restoration shop.
I sold the car for $600.00 less than I paid for it. It was a 2013 LS, and I preferred to see it survive, and live another life. Think about all the high end 65-68 Shelby Mustangs. A lot of them have had more serious repairs made to them, than this car will require. I think the insurance companies are quick to total, because they do not want to deal with the whining about anything that could be attributed to the damage down the road. The salvage Title crosses state borders, it is almost impossible to get around that.

Why not offer it up at fair "ebay" value to the person who bought the car? Weren't they selling for a couple hundred bucks awhile back. If they don't want it sell it to someone who does.

TMO Supporting Vendors