The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Package from Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just after Thanksgiving I took delivery of a 2013 Green Boss. So far I love it, fantastic car. As I understand it Ford is supposed to send a "Boss Package" to me that contains the track voucher. How long did it take you folks to receive the package? It hasn't been all that long for me, but the dealer where the car came from wasn't the best with respect to knowing much about Bosses or the specifics about the car and if they have to trigger the package, well, I best call them up and move things along.

Thanks,
Ron

Think it took me a month or two to get the Boss stuff but I believe it occurs when the dealer registers the sale with Ford.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, yes it was new. I was tracking six or seven new Bosses left in the country at the time and I think it is down to maybe three or four new ones left. I suspect there will be some bargains to be had on those cars as they sit. I purchased mine at under sticker and as they age on the showroom floor they'll probably become cheaper, although I did encounter one where the dealer wanted far more than sticker.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Glad to see you got a GHIG car!!! They really are the best of the bosses (had to get that in there before the red guys started claiming it!!!).

THe Boss package takes a few months to catch up with the car. No need to bug them as it take a while for the invoice info to get back to Ford and the certificate to be made up... Also glad to see people getting the last ones at a reasonable price. My wife actually got mine at invoice back in 2012 and the person that she dealt with was fired after that (we assume for not selling it at over invoice because we did talk to her after that happened). Not cool.

How many new bosses are left today? Hmmm.

John

Yes, I dig the green. It works FAR better in person than in pictures. Some pictures it looks bright, other pastel, and still others almost like a primary color. In bright sunlight it is fantastic. My first choice was yellow but there were no new yellow ones available that I could find. Heard plenty of rumors and chased them all, but in the end they were always used.

I don't know how many new ones are left. I know of a green one and white one in the west and a red one in the NE. Undoubtedly there are others.

Well, we're a bit over two months from the purchase date, almost three and still no Boss package in the mail. Should I be calling the dealer or bugging Ford? If Ford, anyone know who to contact?

I would not worry yet. It took 3 months to get mine. I've heard of some waiting up to 6 months. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how long it takes. I'd give it another month or so. If nothing by the end of March, then I'd call Ford. Also...There is no track voucher in the package. There is a voucher for a set of gloves if you attend track attack. On that note...if you want to attend, I would get on the horn with Miller Motorsports ASAP if you want to attend track attack. It sounds like they only have a few more dates this spring and then the program will be over. It is a must go! You will have a blast, even if you have a background in racing. All of the info is here:

https://www.bosstrackattack.com/

cbj5259 said:
I would not worry yet. It took 3 months to get mine. I've heard of some waiting up to 6 months. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how long it takes. I'd give it another month or so. If nothing by the end of March, then I'd call Ford. Also...There is no track voucher in the package. There is a voucher for a set of gloves if you attend track attack. On that note...if you want to attend, I would get on the horn with Miller Motorsports ASAP if you want to attend track attack. It sounds like they only have a few more dates this spring and then the program will be over. It is a must go! You will have a blast.

+1!

Yes, I signed up for the Track Attack and a second day in the FR500. The fellow I spoke with seemed very attentive to needs and understood my goal is to be paired with a racing oriented group/instructor to develop some new skills I can use for the 2014 season. To that end I signed up for an early April date as I have at least fourteen races left after visiting Miller. Looking forward to it.

congrats! took 2 months to get my owners kit. was a nice bonus showing up so soon. Have fun at MMP. Food is good and make sure you hit the kart track. Since you have plenty of track experience be ready to have some patience. my group was full of first timers.

TMO Supporting Vendors