The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Performance Lowering Springs by Steeda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys I need advice.

I want to stiffen up the BOSS and lower it a bit but I really don't want to buy new dampeners. I just found these Steeda springs and wanted to know what ya'll thought. I was looking at the Ford Racing M-5300-P spings but I thought it might lower it to much for the stock dampeners.

http://www.steeda.com/store/boss-performance-lowering-springs.html

I have MM CC plates installed already. Thanks.

I was also looking at these just for the back.

http://brembo50.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1200846

I'm ordering the P springs soon. They should lower the car approximately 1/2" in front and 1" in the rear. I believe they are the same as the Eibach Pro-Kit springs and are not a huge drop. You can run the stock dampers with those springs. Gary has the P springs and MM CC plates on his car and I'm sure he'll comment when he wakes up. :D

Skip those springs for the back, they are for a GT not a Boss and I doubt they will be a good match.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
So all you really need for the swap is a spring compressor? If so w/2 people, about how long for the entire job?

mwilson7 said:
You can definitely use the stock dampers with the M-5300-P springs.
Well no need for me to comment, you have the best answer you're going to get :D

Actually I think you would be very happy with those springs if your objective is to lower it a bit and firm it up because that's exactly what they do. I really like them a lot.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
So all you really need for the swap is a spring compressor? If so w/2 people, about how long for the entire job?
Took me and the owner of a 12 with brembo package 3 hours to swap springs. Just be very carfull with the fronts the stock caster plate will loss its ball bearings very easy.

I think if I'd lower my car any more than it is now I wouldn't be able to get out of the parking lot here without scraping the front spoiler on the road... *sigh*

TheMarco said:
I think if I'd lower my car any more than it is now I wouldn't be able to get out of the parking lot here without scraping the front spoiler on the road... *sigh*
That's the reason I went with the M-5300-P springs versus the -K springs. It only lowers the front another 1/2" and even with the World Challenge front splitter I'm not having issues scraping yet, although I am more careful now. When I put my track wheels/tires on I drop another 3/4" all the way around, which is nice ;)

Not to be picky, but to clarify you need an adjustable panhard bar to re-center your rear axle. You have a non-adjustable panhard bar on the car from the factory.

TMO Supporting Vendors