The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Plus Rear Spoiler from Tiger Racing

It's finally available. Who's going to be the first to install one? Bolts up to the existing eight holes in your deck lid from the LS spoiler.

"Boss Plus" Rear Spoiler

Light-Weight Fiberglass
Carbon Fiber End Plates
Aggressive Race-Inspired Design
4" wider, 2" taller, and 2" Deeper Than Boss 302 Laguna Seca Spoiler
Attaches to Factory Rear Decklid
Aero-Correct Aerofoil & End Plates
Increased Downforce With Low Drag


http://store.kennybrown.com/product/aerodynamics/boss-plus-rear-spoiler-2010-2014-mustang-and-shelby-gt500

2010-2014_boss_plus_rear_spoiler_02_alt.jpg
 
I dunno but something tells me it's not going to make that much difference over the LS. I'm thinking if you have the LS you'd need to go to the real 302S wing to make a noticable difference. If I hadn't already upgraded to the LS I would have probably gone this route.
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,540
2,370
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
I dunno but something tells me it's not going to make that much difference over the LS. I'm thinking if you have the LS you'd need to go to the real 302S wing to make a noticable difference. If I hadn't already upgraded to the LS I would have probably gone this route.

I'm with you on this one.
 
steveespo said:
I don't like the support pillars. They look too blocky, not elegant like Ford or another OEM like Porsche.
Steve

I agree! The pedestals don't appear to all fit flush to the trunk lid either.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
Justin said:
carbon fiber winglets??? really.
Just like the Boss 302S race car. ;)

I'm not overly wild about the looks either but it's supposed to add more downforce, we just don't know how much.
and just like every pep boys special wings as well. Is the 2oz it saves in weight over fiberglass really worth the look.....not to this guy.

Bare Carbon Fiber = Rice (sorry but imports ruined the look of it for now and forever)
 
Justin said:
and just like every pep boys special wings as well. Is the 2oz it saves in weight over fiberglass really worth the look.....not to this guy.

Bare Carbon Fiber = Rice (sorry but imports ruined the look of it for now and forever)
To each his own. Go to the track and you'll see Vette's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, Audi's and BMW's with real Bare Carbon Fiber.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
Justin said:
and just like every pep boys special wings as well. Is the 2oz it saves in weight over fiberglass really worth the look.....not to this guy.

Bare Carbon Fiber = Rice (sorry but imports ruined the look of it for now and forever)
To each his own. Go to the track and you'll see Vette's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, Audi's and BMW's with real Bare Carbon Fiber.
lol not going to sway my view on it. even if they made the entire boss out of carbon fiber then didnt paint it. Just looks tacky and unfinished. and carbon fiber thats not painted will turn yellow and get hard (repaired carbon fiber conponents for the navy on shore duty went to a 16 month long repair school on repairing fiber glass and carbon fiber).
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top