The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss production is starting up again next Monday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There have rarely been more than 20 Bosses built on a given day. I can't imagine that having a notable effect over a daily production of 600 units.

TheMarco said:
Assuming they have a fix now you'd really think they should be able to get rid of those cars in a matter of a week or 2 or am I missing something? It's only the tiny bit on the front fascia...

Shipping is not as simple as going to UPS and dropping off a package. :)
Train availability and car haulers are in high demand at present.

askjeffro said:
TheMarco said:
Assuming they have a fix now you'd really think they should be able to get rid of those cars in a matter of a week or 2 or am I missing something? It's only the tiny bit on the front fascia...

Shipping is not as simple as going to UPS and dropping off a package. :)
Train availability and car haulers are in high demand at present.

I know. I'm not expecting miracle shipping times but I was however hoping for them to fix it fast so they can be shipped out.

I spoke directly with Ford today(18009623746), the number was changed but automatically forwarded me to the correct number, they were very helpful on the phone, asked me for the first two and the last eight of my VIN.

The rep advised me my vehicle was still showing on hold and no notes to when it would be released. She apologized for the delay. I pressed her about if she had anyway to find out more information and she said no.

I know I want my GHIG just as much as all of you do but it is only April 2012 and according to a friend of mine that has seen the GHIG Boss at the car show he said it is definitely worth the wait.

Hope this helps everyone know a little more.

Cheers!

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Before the stripe delay my LS was scheduled to be built the week of May 14th. As of today, my car is now scheduled to be built the week of April 30th! Hot damn! I hope there are more delays!

MMD

metro201 said:
I spoke directly with Ford today(18009623746), the number was changed but automatically forwarded me to the correct number, they were very helpful on the phone, asked me for the first two and the last eight of my VIN.

The rep advised me my vehicle was still showing on hold and no notes to when it would be released. She apologized for the delay. I pressed her about if she had anyway to find out more information and she said no.

I know I want my GHIG just as much as all of you do but it is only April 2012 and according to a friend of mine that has seen the GHIG Boss at the car show he said it is definitely worth the wait.

Hope this helps everyone know a little more.

Cheers!

GHIG is absolutely worth the way. I took #141 home yesterday and it is such an amazing and spectacular color. I can't imagine a better looking color ;D

Pics at :http://photobucket.com/GHIGBoss

GHIG is absolutely worth the way. I took #141 home yesterday and it is such an amazing and spectacular color. I can't imagine a better looking color ;D

Pics at :http://photobucket.com/GHIGBoss
[/quote]

That does look good. Congrats. I think the stripes really help the GHIG. I saw a 13 GT in GHIG and it nearly churned my stomach.

PTRocks, were bosses made every day or did they sometimes skip a day or two? Also, what would your guess for builds on 3/10 be for s/n's? Just curious.

1992chpb4c said:
PTRocks, were bosses made every day or did they sometimes skip a day or two? Also, what would your guess for builds on 3/10 be for s/n's? Just curious.

To the best of my knowledge,

Regular Bosses were built every day from Feb. 27th until March 23rd. A total of 8 Bosses were built the following week, then nothing until this week.
LSes were built every day between March 19th and March 31st.

Typical production has been 10-15 cars per day thus far.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel