The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss production is starting up again next Monday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good news, but still doesn't answer when they expect to start shipping. I'm guessing mid to late next week as they'll have to fix the currently produced cars.

Thanks.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
PTRocks said:
Thread title says it all. I am guessing the stripe fix is in.

Me thinxx your title is misleading. It implies that production of the Boss had ceased. I have serious doubts that Ford stopped production of the Boss because of a stripe issue. If you read Don Farr's book about the Boss, the vehicle is produced at Ford's Flat Rock AAI assembly plant along side all othe Mustangs. The stripes, spoiler,deck blackout, side pipes are added at their Ford's Mod center where these items are installed later. Why would Ford stop production of the Boss if the only issue was the stripes? I personally don't belive that Boss production was held up. Me thinxx that a log jam may have occured at the Mod center which would not have affected manufacturing and production of the Boss. If I am correct about this, then your subject title is wrong and I believe it misleads members of this forum about assembly of their vehicles. Do you have any evidence that Ford stopped production of the Boss? If you do, I think everyone here would like to hear about it as this would be another development in the manufacture of the Boss. I think a more appropriate title for your post should be "Boss delays to end by next Monday". Is this what you meant?

MMD

MakeMyDay - I would have thought the same thing except that all builds that were scheduled in late March and after were pushed back to late April and May. Apparently Ford didn't want the Bosses piling up while they worked on a fix. I just hope that they can allocate some extra resources to getting the currently produced Bosses fixed and shipped quickly, as well as getting the production back up to full capacity.

MakeMyDay said:
PTRocks said:

Me thinxx your title is misleading. It implies that production of the Boss had ceased. I have serious doubts that Ford stopped production of the Boss because of a stripe issue. If you read Don Farr's book about the Boss, the vehicle is produced at Ford's Flat Rock AAI assembly plant along side all othe Mustangs. The stripes, spoiler,deck blackout, side pipes are added at their Ford's Mod center where these items are installed later. Why would Ford stop production of the Boss if the only issue was the stripes? I personally don't belive that Boss production was held up. Me thinxx that a log jam may have occured at the Mod center which would not have affected manufacturing and production of the Boss. If I am correct about this, then your subject title is wrong and I believe it misleads members of this forum about assembly of their vehicles. Do you have any evidence that Ford stopped production of the Boss? If you do, I think everyone here would like to hear about it as this would be another development in the manufacture of the Boss. I think a more appropriate title for your post should be "Boss delays to end by next Monday". Is this what you meant?

MMD

I've lost track of how many Boss's have been rescheduled this month. I think I heard that they have over 400 Boss's waiting to get the stripes fixed. AAI only have so much room to park cars. It cost Ford money just having cars parked, sitting around the plant. They won't make if they can't ship them.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I can only think of a Terry Gilliam animated short from Monty Python showing the un-striped Bosses spitting out of the factory one after another, piling up one under the other forcing a big pile of various color Mustangs higher and higher until the 'big hand' pulls a lever to stop them from coming off the line. What? Why yes, I'll have another pint, ...hic!

jmbboss302 said:
MakeMyDay said:
PTRocks said:

MMD

I've lost track of how many Boss's have been rescheduled this month. I think I heard that they have over 400 Boss's waiting to get the stripes fixed. AAI only have so much room to park cars. It cost Ford money just having cars parked, sitting around the plant. They won't make if they can't ship them.

Cant imagine Ford wants $18,000,000+ worth of Boss 302's sitting either.

About 440 Boss 302 had been built prior to stoppage, 6 known to be shipped means 434 sitting at Flat Rock. With an average MSRP of $45500 it means roughly $19.75 million of inventory waiting to be shipped.

Ucode13SBY said:
About 440 Boss 302 had been built prior to stoppage, 6 known to be shipped means 434 sitting at Flat Rock. With an average MSRP of $45500 it means roughly $19.75 million of inventory waiting to be shipped.

What he said.

Assuming they have a fix now you'd really think they should be able to get rid of those cars in a matter of a week or 2 or am I missing something? It's only the tiny bit on the front fascia...

Ford has been building fairly steady until the stripe issue. Now also add in that the GT500 production is going to start and that may be another reason that slow down the Boss production. Adding another heavily modded model into the mix has to make a difference in production line volume.

TMO Supporting Vendors