The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Production Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm just expressing a little concern about how the Boss production is going. I know the total number of Regular Bosses being made for 2012 will be around 3250. From what I see on our website, Bosses being delivered now are numbered in the 900's & this is just about the end of the 2 qt allocations. It seems that production numbers would be between 1400 & 1500 by now. I'm a little worried because I have 4qt allocation & at this rate it looks like I won't be seeing my CO Boss till early next year. I know it's worth the wait but the wait is killing me. Any other 4qt's feel my pain?

Yep. Production didn't start until Late January and the first cars were delivered in early March. So it's quite possible that the last of the Q4 cars don't arrive until March 2012. I hope they get caught up and productions finishes up earlier than that. The way things are going if you want a car now I'd start looking around and see if you can find what you want at the price you want. There are plenty of cars being sold for MSRP right off of the lot. My car is built but sitting in Flat Rock waiting to be shipped...hopefully soon. If not I'd be looking too.

Production started on Feb 14 so mid-May would have been the end of quarter one. There were one or two more shut-downs during that time. Right now numbers are in the 900's being delivered, considering four weeks of builds are at the factory or in transport the numbers seem about right.

Rumor has it that Ford plans to run the 12 model year until next April to get the Mustang back on track with the normal build years, just what I have heard.

Rick, your patience is remarkable. I'm burning incense before a photo of Henry Ford you get some good news any day now. Hang in there man!

5 DOT 0 said:
DigiCowboy said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I just got off the phone with FCS and my car was moved to Autoport Limited ramp 5P so it should be shipped in a week or so.

Do you have any fingernails left?
LOL Yes but all of my hair fell out. I'll feel a lot better after I get a railcar number and I verify it's in the shipper's system.
Well, let us know when you do so we can will the train to run faster to get you your car. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
jimprw said:
Rick, your patience is remarkable. I'm burning incense before a photo of Henry Ford you get some good news any day now. Hang in there man!
Well that must have worked. I just got off the phone with FCS and my car was moved to Autoport Limited ramp 5P so it should be shipped in a week or so.
Well at least that's progress. You have the patience of Job. Let's hope it's on that new high speed rail we built with all that stimulus money......

That dealer should throw in some Ford Racing goodies for the wait. At least a Boss 302 T-Shirt ;)
Someone was wearing one in a picture on the forum (sorry, can't remember who). I gotta get me one of them.

I am also playing the waiting game for my CO/B. I now have my VIN and a copy of my window sticker. Can someone help me decode it? There are sequences numbers on the bottom of the sticker: BF271 N RA2X 230 000939 06 27 11. The 06 27 11 at the end is that a build date, ship date or wishful thinking? :)

Thanks,

Warren

TheBlues9108

91 Ultra Blue over Titanium GT Convertible
08 Vista Blue Shelby GT Convertible
12 Completion Orange Boss – On Order!

My window sticker was coded 05 13 11. I got my vin a couple days before. My guess is that's the day it started the build (entered the body shop). My build date was 23 May (the day it rolled off the line). You can call Ford Customer Service and give them the VIN and they'll get you the info.

TMO Supporting Vendors