The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Production Schedule Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Placed an order for a 2013 Boss 3 weeks ago. Original status was material hold. Now it's been sitting in the processing order que for 2 weeks. Dealer told me the car might now go into production until the fourth quarter which is Sept. Can anyone confirm if this is ture or am I getting my chain jerked?

You need To get a straight answer from your dealer about what quarter allocation the car is. If you ordered 3 weeks ago but it is a fourt quarter allocation then you probably won't change status until the fall.

I have had my order in since December, but it doesn't mean I will get my car any faster.

szlachcic22 said:
You need To get a straight answer from your dealer about what quarter allocation the car is. If you ordered 3 weeks ago but it is a fourt quarter allocation then you probably won't change status until the fall.

I have had my order in since December, but it doesn't mean I will get my car any faster.

Fourth quater the dealer is telling me. I was told 8-10 weeks from date of original order which was 3 weeks ago. I'll cancel the order if I have to wait till Sept, Oct or Nov. Just looking for a straight answer. Ford direct wasn't able to help me.

8 to 10 weeks is what you should expect on a standard mustang order. The Boss is only done by allocation, so if he said 4th Quarter and you don't feel like waiting then I would cancel. You would have better luck searching for one on a dealers lot or see if any local dealers have a Q2 or Q3 allocation.

szlachcic22 said:
8 to 10 weeks is what you should expect on a standard mustang order. The Boss is only done by allocation, so if he said 4th Quarter and you don't feel like waiting then I would cancel. You would have better luck searching for one on a dealers lot or see if any local dealers have a Q2 or Q3 allocation.

Actually, all cars/trucks are built based on allocation. The Boss is just built in smaller numbers. When I ordered my Expedition, it wasn't scheduled until my dealers allocation week came up.

TMO Supporting Vendors