The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Radiator vs Revan/Shelby/C&R racing radiator (pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It's certainly pretty, that's for sure.

Rusty if you have a 2013 you can also look into the 2013 GT500 "grille". Flow won't get any better than that unless you pull the grille altogether. I would suggest a nomex honeycomb radiator protector sheet on your AC Condenser if you go that route, however.

I run a GT surround w/ billet grille when it's hot out and it works very well.

I've got a 2012 LS.

Looks like even the V6 surround isn't an option so I will need to get a GT surround for sure.

Who sells those honeycomb nomex protectors ? I've never seen those.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have had good luck with the CJ grill.

They do pop up for sale new every once in a while. Bought mine off EBay.

That and the oil cooler has made a big difference. Oil temps below 260 and coolant below 225.

I think (hope, Pray, wonder) that I have made the last cooling mod.

If not, a radiator will be next.

Does that nomex hinder airflow at all would you think? Just looking at it it seems like you are good to go but just one of the many stupid questions that arises in my brain haha.

Sean said:
Does that nomex hinder airflow at all would you think? Just looking at it it seems like you are good to go but just one of the many stupid questions that arises in my brain haha.
I beat it like a rented mule at Road America last month with the condenser removed and Nomex in place and ran 10*-15* cooler all weekend ;)

If you are removing the condenser what did you do about the AC system ? Obviously you purged the refrigerant but what about all the lines and hoses ? The receiver/drier and all that ? Did you cap the ends of the hoses off and put vacuum to it or just run it dry/open ? Full AC delete permanent because its a dedicated track car ?

My car is basically track only but a lot of people don't want to delete AC so that might not work from everyone.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Rusty
We ripped out the compressor, condenser and all the underhood lines. Took about 22 lbs off the front end. I don't intend on ever putting it back in service. I left the heater box so I have the defroster and heat for wet weather track days.
We put some nylon plug caps in the open ports.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel