The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Rear Spoiler Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm planning on swapping my stock Boss rear spoiler for a TruCarbon carbon fiber GT500 spoiler shortly after I receive my car. I think they look cool and it will distinguish my Boss from all the other Kona Blue Boss 302's in my area. ;) Anyway I started thinking about adding the Steeda rear wing used on the cars in the Continental Sports Car Challenge. It would require drilling two additional holes and filling two or buying a new trunk lid. The other option is adding the LS/CS rear spoiler and while I really like the looks of it I'm not wild about the construction of it. One other option would be to add the G Stream wing but that's very involved and a bit over the top for a mostly street car.

Anyone else thinking about changing the rear spoiler on their Boss?

TruCarbon GT500

http://www.trucarbon.net/Trucarbon_Mustang_Carbon_Fiber_GT500_Spoiler_p/tc10025-dca42kr.htm

TC10025-DCA42KR-2.jpg

Steeda Street Wing (race tested) With Carbon Fiber Winglets

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-functional-street-wing-for-ford-mustang.html

s197-street-wing.jpg

LS/CS Pedestal Spoiler

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rear-spoiler-california-special-style-unpainted-v6%2Fgt-2010-2011/p/RS3/

RS3.jpg

G Stream Wing From The Boss 302S

http://g-stream.com/C800.html

MaxMo_SN197.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
As much as I love the pedestal spoiler on the LS, I'm more than likely going to keep the car stock. To me, it's a bit more expensive than I'd like to make the conversion. I mean a black pedestal spoiler on CO is just a dream come true from an appearance standpoint.

ufnavy06 said:
As much as I love the pedestal spoiler on the LS, I'm more than likely going to keep the car stock. To me, it's a bit more expensive than I'd like to make the conversion. I mean a black pedestal spoiler on CO is just a dream come true from an appearance standpoint.
I'm with you. If I ever do change, it will be for performance and might go with the 302S wing.

5 DOT 0 I really like the look of the CF spoiler on the KB.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I like the LS/CS spoiler option too but I have rear cam on my GT and just wish Ford offered it on the CS. My stock spoiler is similar enough to the Boss 302 that it looks good especially when I black it out (or accent color hmmmm..........) :-\ ;D
Steve

cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 I really like the look of the CF spoiler on the KB.
I forgot to mention I'm changing mine for looks only. I won't hit the track enough to worry about downforce (or drag) but the CF GT500 spoiler should be lighter. ;D

steveespo, that spoiler is a bit larger than the GT and splits the difference between it and the GT500.

15_trucarbon_gt500_photoshop.jpg

I would, but NASA effectively double-penalizes aero replacements, so it seems unlikely that I'll be able to get away with that. It's too bad, too, this car can really benefit from a real racing wing.

I keeping this wing like I had last year but the diffuser, exhaust and wheels among other things are being replaced this winter.

_1012158-1.png

Here are some updated photo shopped photos of the GT500 CF rear spoiler and one of MustangFanatics car with SVT PP wheels and a white GT500 rear spoiler. I like the white rear spoiler a lot but I like the CF one better. So I'm going to paint the Gurney flap white. I'm going with the first photo. I included the one with the white stripes for reference.

02-new-wing-15_trucarbon_gt500_parts_blue_white_cy.jpg
2-new-wing-15_trucarbon_gt500_parts_white_white_cy.jpg
89d1305776302-new-wing-15_trucarbon_gt500_parts_cy.jpg
0d1305776474-new-wing-15_trucarbon_gt500_photoshop.jpg
091d1305776794-new-wing-steve-boss-gt500-svt-pp-cy.jpg

stuntman said:
908ssp said:
I keeping this wing like I had last year but the diffuser, exhaust and wheels among other things are being replaced this winter.

_1012158-1.png
What wing is that?

Looks like this 1 from APR
http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=45

Steeda has nice ones. Not as expensive.

Me too. I ordered it after you sent mr the link over at TMS. It's still back ordered, they're hoping on 1-2 weeks. The car is due in 2 weeks. Hopefully they come together !

TMO Supporting Vendors