The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Recaro Seats - can I buy somewhere??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want to get the boss recaro seats for my boss, anyone know if they are available anywhere? Ford has been useless answering this simple question and recaro don't seem to be offering them either. I suspect I am sol and may just have to buy recaro's w/o boss logo if I want racing seats but if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a set please let me know.

Thanks.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
these are the only options that I know of
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/M63660005MB/2005-13-Mustang-Recaro-Seats-Ford-Racing-Logo-M-63660005-MB
maybe someone else has more info. I would call a place like tousley ford or tasca and see what they say

Interesting. I was hesitant about the Recaro package but deep inside I knew one day I was going to end up like jsca35 and want them anyway when it might not be possible to get them...

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
well maybe if you can find a part number you can order one somehow. they have to make replacements incase something happens after the car is built I would think.

I agree it would be nice if it were possible to replace these seats in case something bad happens to them.
On the other hand it makes some sense to not have these freely available to prevent people from putting them into non-Boss Mustangs maybe... To keep some of the exclusivity.

You could go the Ford Racing route, then order the Boss Seat Cover and have that installed in place of the Ford Racing set. Someone here had to have one replaced due to damage or they weren't fully sewn together or something like that, so they must be able to order them. From what I remember the seat covers cost almost as much as the Recaro option did if bought originally. I also think this route would be too cost prohibitive. You could always look for a wreck and salvage the seats if possible. Long shot and long wait.

Mike

The Ford Racing seats are the way to go for now. Several vendors are selling a set of 2 for $2,500 (http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-recaro-seat-pair-2011-2012/p/M63660005MB/). The material is the same as the Boss. I don't know what 1 Boss seat back cover costs but I know 1 seat bottom (cover only) is $951.00! I don't believe you can buy a Boss seat assembly from Ford...you have to buy the individual parts...thousands $ per seat...................update...1 seat back cover only is $1,435.00!

302BOB said:
As they say , hind sight is 20/20....If I had it to do all over again, I would have got the Recaros when I ordered my Boss. At the time, the 5K ADM took those out of the equation...OH WELL.................

That sucks man. I was still debating it, thinking I was going to order a Q2 or Q3 car when I got offered a Q1 one with everything on it... which helped the decision to go with the Recaros ;)

Boss2X said:
You could go the Ford Racing route, then order the Boss Seat Cover and have that installed in place of the Ford Racing set. Someone here had to have one replaced due to damage or they weren't fully sewn together or something like that, so they must be able to order them. From what I remember the seat covers cost almost as much as the Recaro option did if bought originally. I also think this route would be too cost prohibitive. You could always look for a wreck and salvage the seats if possible. Long shot and long wait.

That was me and this would be one route to go. However first I would call Tousley Ford and talk with them about getting the seats. May need to order it in pieces but it can be done.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel