The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss resale starting to erode?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I'm not so sure the '69/70 Boss 302 will be that tied to the value of the '12/13 Boss.

I could see '12/13 LS's going for above $75K in a few years especially as most manufacturers are starting to go boosted with less pots under the hood.

The Boss 302 is clearly and likely the last of the Ford NA CPC limited production performance mustangs. Traditional Americana.

He said to me " you know...it is yellow too...you what I mean?"

It was interesting and funny to hear that, but you never know.

REAL 1

13Boss said:
I took my 2013 Boss with 43000 miles to Ford dealer and asked about the sale value.
They said $25000 :mad:

43k miles is high but $25k is a little low.

High mileage GT350s will fare the same in 3 years.

Low mileage Boss 302s and LSs still holding values pretty well.

REAL 1 said:
thats a pretty strong trade in #. GT350 incoming?

Yep...that's the only reason why I traded her. I loved my Boss but what they offered was hard to pass on. Traded her in on a 2016 Yellow tech package at MSRP...plus the dealership includes a lifetime power train which is a bonus.

REAL 1

Was actually looking at values of the Boss this weekend. Not bad especially low mile Leguna Secas. Actually quite strong for the LS's.

Sold my 900 mile black LS for $45.5k 3 weeks ago. Had 3 others in line for it. Included owners kit, incredible documentation, and splitter, cooler, and brake kit in original boxes.

REAL 1

That's a strong number for a 4.5 year old car that MSRP'd at $53k and you had buyers 3 deep.

The Boss LS are special cars.

My personal option is that the Boss 302 prices have declined in the past year or so mainly due to many Boss owners offloading them to purchase GT350s. Being that the market is currently saturated with many low mileage Boss 302s, of course the market will take a hit. I say give it 5-10 yrs and the prices will increase again for well documented and original examples. I don't think good examples will drop below the low $30k range.

I Dddn't buy my '13 Boss as an investment, but I did consider the current vs potential future value when deciding to finally take the plunge. I still want a GT350, but that won't happen until the hype dies out and prices drop to reasonable numbers similar to what Boss 302s are nowadays.

Either way, I'll enjoy the hell out of my "old school" Boss until I can buy something newer. Cheers!

REAL 1

Agree. We don't know the total GT350 production. My guess is that we will see upwards of 7500 between tech and track pac. R's are a wild card. Not sure. Ford put boat loads of money into the FPC development and multimatic suspension. They have to get their investment back and make profit.

A lot of GT350s sitting at dealers with ADMs. Ford my start crankng out more to drop the ADMs.

Looking at a '16 Track Pac today with 800 miles. White with blue over the top stripes.They want $64K.

What we do know is there are only 1500 Lagunas. End of story that followed a specific color scheme package each year and are not varied into a gazzillon sub sets of colors and stripes etc...

In years ahead I see the market rising on really nice stock LS's with a their paperwork.

Bay Area
Sydewaysix said:
My personal option is that the Boss 302 prices have declined in the past year or so mainly due to many Boss owners offloading them to purchase GT350s. Being that the market is currently saturated with many low mileage Boss 302s, of course the market will take a hit. I say give it 5-10 yrs and the prices will increase again for well documented and original examples. I don't think good examples will drop below the low $30k range.

I Dddn't buy my '13 Boss as an investment, but I did consider the current vs potential future value when deciding to finally take the plunge. I still want a GT350, but that won't happen until the hype dies out and prices drop to reasonable numbers similar to what Boss 302s are nowadays.

Either way, I'll enjoy the hell out of my "old school" Boss until I can buy something newer. Cheers!

Enjoy your new Boss. Don't buy it as an investment, drive it don't hide it. BTW, where ya at in the Bay Area? I'm in the Peninsula.

REAL 1

Agree. Boss prices in general have declined due to the newest "lastest and greatest". Nothing new with that.

The key is that in 5 to 10 years guys will be looking for these "old Bosses" as they are special with a special history and provenance.

byronj said:
Enjoy your new Boss. Don't buy it as an investment, drive it don't hide it. BTW, where ya at in the Bay Area? I'm in the Peninsula.

I'm in the east bay (Hayward Hills) but work out in the Peninsula (SSF). You may occasionally catch me on 101 if j drive the Boss to work, but I usually just drive my Prius :eek:

Is this you/your car from Mini Nats?_DSC9549_zpsb6q9s9wx.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors