The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss resale value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enzo12 said:
We purchased a 2012 CO Boss w/12k this past weekend after a 2 year search for $33,750 at a dealer. They were ready to cut it loose and send it to auction. Beautiful car, well loved, has some mods. There are cheaper ones out there, but you definitely get what you pay for. There is a sub $30k car 5 minutes from me, but it's rough, high mileage and an MP car. Delighted to find the one we did! And it was previously owned by another forum member :)
Congratulations. Be sure to post up some photos and introduce yourself in the Paddock forum.

Thank you! Super excited and looking forward to lots of track days soon :D We've been looking for a really long time and finally found the right car. Will be a huge learning curve, but very happy to take that on. I wish the resale values hadn't held up as well as they have, haha! I was hoping they would have come down a bit more than they have. As a matter of fact, they seemed to have spiked a bit in the last several months, especially on good 2012's.

I will post up photos as soon as I figure out how 8)

Luckily I bought my Boss for fun and not as an investment. It would be nice to have it hold steady, but if prices drop I won't be devastated. I had my 03 Cobra for 5 years and it was actually worth more when I sold it. The Boss may drop but then again it may bounce back like the Cobra R's have done. Granted they are limited but other cars have slowly gone up after about 10 years. Time will tell. If I wanted to be safe I would have buried my money in the back yard. :)

cobrakidz said:
Luckily I bought my Boss for fun and not as an investment. It would be nice to have it hold steady, but if prices drop I won't be devastated. I had my 03 Cobra for 5 years and it was actually worth more when I sold it. The Boss may drop but then again it may bounce back like the Cobra R's have done. Granted they are limited but other cars have slowly gone up after about 10 years. Time will tell. If I wanted to be safe I would have buried my money in the back yard. :)
+1
Congratulations Enzo12!

The moment I stopped worrying about the resale value and the investment aspect of buying the Boss, the real fun began! The spirit of freedom!

I drive it daily and enjoy every mile on it!
Of course I am still obsessed about super stringent maintenance schedule...etc

After paying it off, I will keep it and get another great car then keep it then get another one and the story continues...
I hope one day I can create a stable of manual transmission pivotal cars.

I am planning to teach my daughter how to drive a manual transmission car, by the age of 16 (currently 4 months old) she will likely be one of the few drivers on road who knows how to properly drive a car.

Thank you! So excited to have it. It's been a long search. We were looking for a good, well cared for car, and just happened to find it in our back yard after searching nationwide for quite some time. I've driven probably 12 different Bosses over that last 2+ years and was pretty amazed at how different each one was. There was a Black 2013 LS MP car that I loved that I know a forum member has bought, and a new GHIG '13 that was also a great car but I couldn't get pricing right on those so the search continued. Some of the others we drove had some issues. Some were new, some were MP cars, some were used. The one we got is well sorted, loved, documented, has great power and shifts well. It's the best one we drove by far AND the price was right. Now looking forward to lots of fun with it in track days, club events and just long weekend trips to the mountains :) The sound is glorious.

I'm teaching my soon to be 15yo son to drive manual also. I want him to learn manual before he drives any automatic car. He get his permit in May, so he'll be learning on our little 2012 VW Golf, but he might of had a head start :-X

Enzo12 said:
I'm teaching my soon to be 15yo son to drive manual also. I want him to learn manual before he drives any automatic car. He get his permit in May, so he'll be learning on our little 2012 VW Golf, but he might of had a head start :-X

Taught my son in my Suzuki SX4 and he also practiced some in my Boss. We found him a 2000 GT that was well taken care of, had a lot of highway miles and a racing clutch... His left leg is a lot stronger now to say the least...lol. Also the traction control is disabled and he's managed to drive it for 2yrs now through the snow etc. I think it's made him a much better driver in the end. Good luck with teaching, it will be fun.

Chris

Taught my son in my 04 GT. He struggled at first ( like we all did) and then overnight he got it. He insisted his first new car be a manual and it was .......his FRS 6 speed. Converted the wife too. She bought a BMW and had to order her 6 speed from Germany since there was only auto's around in the area with the options she wanted.

As far as current dealer asking prices go, there are two 2013 Bosses (both standard models) currently for sale at two different local Ford dealers. A Race Red non-Recaro/Torsen, 16K miles @ $41K, and a White w/ Recaro/Torsen, 8K miles @ $44K. Guessing these retail prices represent about a 20% markup over what the dealer paid for the trade in or off lease residual value.

The asking on the car we bought was $39900, so there was obviously a ton of room in there! They even showed us recent Manheim sales, so we all knew what it was worth at auction. They got the car sold, we got one bought at a price we wanted to be at. A lot of work, but glad it's done.

TMO Supporting Vendors