The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Reunion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has any one thought about (posted) doing a all years Boss reunion. With the 50th comming up it would be cool to do something then. At one of the MCA sites? Better yet could one be held at Miller's track in Utah, say at the end of the 2013 model year? Something to think about.

Great idea. Since you brought it up let us know how we can help you with the planning of the event. MMP would be a great place to hold it.

I think it's a great idea. In the spring would be nice, before it gets too hot. And a central location would be good. Maybe with the Shelby guys in Tulsa in June?

Sesshomurai

There should be two venues, say a spring venue (nearer to east coast for some of us) and a fall venue more westwards.
Some east coast venues might be Summit Speedway, VIR, limerock and there are some in NJ and SC (forget the names). Others?

darreng505 said:
There should be two venues, say a spring venue (nearer to east coast for some of us) and a fall venue more westwards.
Some east coast venues might be Summit Speedway, VIR, limerock and there are some in NJ and SC (forget the names). Others?

The all ford nationals at Carlisle is always a good spot for the northeast/mid Atlantic people.

darreng505 said:

VIR would definitely work for me!

Does anyone know anyone with MCA? I literally live down the road from their world headquarters p.o. Box here in Pensacola but I don't know anyone to contact. I think if I could talk to them in person I could have them help with a Boss owners event at one of their events... I doubt I could get their help with even a local mustang show though.....

I would not mind being involved with a Boss Reunion, but I would not be interested in having MCA involved, they are too selfserving and know zip about racing. Laguna Seca would be a great venue(space would be a problem), I still think that Miller would be good(close to I-70, near large city and has the space), will talk to them when at Track Attack in August. I would go to the event any where, even in Detroit or at MIS (how about at Road America, central and awsome track) in the summer of 2014(Boss' would be built out by then). Depending on the amount of interest/attenders that would determine a standalone event. I think Miller would be good for a standalone, the other places would have to be an inconjunction type event. This is all worth thinking about, keep posting your ideas. Shelby guys would have to stay home.

drano38

Wayne
I agree with Rick, Laguna Seca would be a great location.
But Mapquest says 1900 miles/31 hour road trip, so a bit much for me.
No perfect location for the US. The east/west ideas are good. And if it happens on an annual basis, moving around would help allow people attend when it is closer to them.
I might be game for Road America.

5 DOT 0 said:
The more I think about this there's only one place for a Boss reunion...Laguna Seca. :D

This, but I don't know about the logistics. Maybe we could piggyback another event like a track day, but LS is sort of not friendly with people just showing up. Unless it has changed, my memories there are mostly 15+ years ago.

Just a thought since Road America seems central, have the Boss Reunion in conjunction with the Continental Tire Challenge Series(will look for their race schedule, more than likely this will have to be a 2013 or 2014 event). That would be the racers and us. Does any one have a connection with the track or the series coordinators? I was at the Laguna Seca for the Historics when they did the John Works Minis, it was a great experience. They got a parade lap around the track. Since we have no $, some knee pads will be needed to get this thing to work. I had been part of the team of Colorado Mustang clubs that put on the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up so I have some experience doing this stuff, but a lot of the leg work would have to be done long distance. Since I am in Arizona right now but trying to get back to Colorado permanently, Miller would be an easy site for me.

TMO Supporting Vendors