The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS "T" springs and BMR adj PHB on order.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
hi jason

please post pics before and after the installation. i'm also interested in the t-springs.

thank you

I have installed the following:
T Springs
BMR UCA
BMR LCA with BMR relocation brackets
Steeda adjustable Panhard bar and Brace
ARP 3" Wheel studs
Splitter
Brake Ducts
Trans Scoop
Rear Seat Delete
Cool Tech Roll Bar
Etc Etc.
Steve

Maui
Jason said:
I'm trying for just the looks right now, but to follow
BMR UCA
BMR LCAs
BMR Relo bracket.
The springs and PHB should be fine for now eh? No racing being done.

I don't think that should be much of an issue especially if you are not tracking your car. I had my P-springs on for a year without a panhard or LCAs and relocation bracket. When I switched to the T-springs I had just the springs on for 2 months before adding the BMR LCA, panhard and BBR LCAs....No issues..

808Boss said:
I don't think that should be much of an issue especially if you are not tracking your car. I had my P-springs on for a year without a panhard or LCAs and relocation bracket. When I switched to the T-springs I had just the springs on for 2 months before adding the BMR LCA, panhard and BBR LCAs....No issues..
Thats exactly what I was after. Thank you very much. I'm going to have to do the mods at different times and wanted to make sure there were no problems. How is the ride compared to stock with just the springs done?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I too have the FR T Springs, BMR LCAs, RELO Brackets and on car adjustable panhard but have not had much tyme to add them yet. Still working on My new TB.

I do about 90% of the mods on my own car but and thinking of letting a speed shop do the install because I visualize this entire ordeal being a all day, knuckle-busting, one thousand cuss job. Best quote I got so far was $400.
Hmmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to get one of those spring compressors.

Maui
Jason said:
Thats exactly what I was after. Thank you very much. I'm going to have to do the mods at different times and wanted to make sure there were no problems. How is the ride compared to stock with just the springs done?

Actually the T-springs feel like the stock ride just lower. I went from stock to p-springs which felt stiffer then to the T-springs which felt like stock again. Lol.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
you will be fine with just the springs. I had to move my rear over about 1/4" after I dropped it with the T springs. Just be very carefull with the upper strut mount after you take it off and put it back on. the ball bearings tend to come out. if that happens its a tedious chore to get it apart and get them back inside. my drivers side is missing one ball I just couldnt find it lol.

Justin said:
you will be fine with just the springs. I had to move my rear over about 1/4" after I dropped it with the T springs. Just be very carefull with the upper strut mount after you take it off and put it back on. the ball bearings tend to come out. if that happens its a tedious chore to get it apart and get them back inside. my drivers side is missing one ball I just couldnt find it lol.
Thx Justin. Is there any video availlable to show what you mean? Or any tricks?

You'll love it Jason. I did the springs first (used a spring compressor at my friends shop made it super easy) as for the lca, relo brackets and phb I did it in my garage with just jack stands on the axle. do one side at a time. Although the rear end shift wasn't much from lowering it was enough for me to notice and it bugged me a bit. centering the axle with the bmr adj phb was pretty easy.

I had a friend ask about measuring the top of the wheel arches because he liked the stance on my boss and it was 1/4 inch higher in the rear than the front. cant get much more level than that.

Holler if you have any questions during install.

TMO Supporting Vendors